Granular cell tumour of the neurohypophysis: a rare sellar tumour with specific radiological and operative features.
AffiliationDepartment of Neurosurgery, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Republic of, Ireland. email@example.com
MeSHGranular Cell Tumor/*diagnosis/pathology/surgery
Magnetic Resonance Imaging/methods
*Pituitary Gland, Posterior/pathology
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBr J Neurosurg. 2006 Feb;20(1):51-4.
JournalBritish journal of neurosurgery
AbstractSymptomatic granular cell tumours of the neurohypophysis are rare sellar lesions. Preoperative prediction of the diagnosis on the basis of radiological appearance is useful as these tumours carry specific surgical difficulties. This is possible when the tumour arises from the pituitary stalk, rostral to a normal pituitary gland. This has not been emphasized previously.
- Atypical granular cell tumor of the neurohypophysis: a case report with review of the literature.
- Authors: Shuangshoti S, Chantra K, Navalitloha Y, Charoonwatanalaoha S, Shuangshoti S
- Issue date: 1998 Aug
- Symptomatic granular cell tumour of the pituitary.
- Authors: Menon G, Easwer HV, Radhakrishnan VV, Nair S
- Issue date: 2008 Feb
- [Granular cell tumors. Rare tumors of the neurohypophysis].
- Authors: Barrande G, Kujas M, Gancel A, Turpin G, Bruckert E, Kuhn JM, Luton JP
- Issue date: 1995 Oct 14
- [Granular cell tumor of the infundibulum].
- Authors: Lettau M, Munk R
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- [A rare case of diminished visual acuity: neurohypophyseal granular cell tumor].
- Authors: Saint-Blancard P, Pierre B, Philippe C, de Soultrait FR
- Issue date: 2007 Aug