Granular cell tumour of the neurohypophysis: a rare sellar tumour with specific radiological and operative features.
AffiliationDepartment of Neurosurgery, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Republic of, Ireland. email@example.com
MeSHGranular Cell Tumor/*diagnosis/pathology/surgery
Magnetic Resonance Imaging/methods
*Pituitary Gland, Posterior/pathology
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBr J Neurosurg. 2006 Feb;20(1):51-4.
JournalBritish journal of neurosurgery
AbstractSymptomatic granular cell tumours of the neurohypophysis are rare sellar lesions. Preoperative prediction of the diagnosis on the basis of radiological appearance is useful as these tumours carry specific surgical difficulties. This is possible when the tumour arises from the pituitary stalk, rostral to a normal pituitary gland. This has not been emphasized previously.
- Atypical granular cell tumor of the neurohypophysis: a case report with review of the literature.
- Authors: Shuangshoti S, Chantra K, Navalitloha Y, Charoonwatanalaoha S, Shuangshoti S
- Issue date: 1998 Aug
- Granular cell tumor of the pituitary stalk.
- Authors: Nishio S, Takeshita I, Yoshimoto K, Yamaguchi T
- Issue date: 1998 Jun
- Symptomatic granular cell tumour of the pituitary.
- Authors: Menon G, Easwer HV, Radhakrishnan VV, Nair S
- Issue date: 2008 Feb
- MR imaging findings in granular cell tumor of the neurohypophysis: a difficult preoperative diagnosis.
- Authors: Iglesias A, Arias M, Brasa J, Páramo C, Conde C, Fernandez R
- Issue date: 2000
- Symptomatic granular cell tumor of the pituitary gland: case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Schaller B, Kirsch E, Tolnay M, Mindermann T
- Issue date: 1998 Jan