AffiliationDepartment of Gastroenterology, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland. , firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
CitationJ Clin Gastroenterol. 2006 Aug;40(7):648-50.
JournalJournal of clinical gastroenterology
AbstractAutoimmune hepatitis is a rare, chronic inflammatory disorder which has been associated with a number of other auto-immune conditions. However, there are no reports in the medical literature of an association with microscopic (lymphocytic) colitis. We report the case of a 53-year-old woman with several autoimmune conditions, including lymphocytic colitis, who presented with an acute hepatitis. On the basis of the clinical features, serology, and histopathology, we diagnosed autoimmune hepatitis. To our knowledge, this is the first report of autoimmune hepatitis in association with lymphocytic colitis, and lends support to the theory of an autoimmune etiology for lymphocytic colitis.
- Lymphocytic Colitis With Increased Apoptosis: A Marker of Mutation in T-Cell-Mediated Immunity?
- Authors: Bernieh A, Hakar M, Stanek J
- Issue date: 2020 Nov-Dec
- [Microscopic colitis: collagenous colitis and lymphocytic colitis].
- Authors: Chatelain D, Mokrani N, Fléjou JF
- Issue date: 2007 Dec
- Paucicellular lymphocytic colitis: is it a minor form of lymphocytic colitis? A clinical pathological and immunological study.
- Authors: Fernández-Bañares F, Casalots J, Salas A, Esteve M, Rosinach M, Forné M, Loras C, Santaolalla R, Espinós J, Viver JM
- Issue date: 2009 May
- Seasonal pattern of onset in lymphocytic colitis.
- Authors: LaSala PR, Chodosh AB, Vecchio JA, Schned LM, Blaszyk H
- Issue date: 2005 Nov-Dec
- [Lymphocytic colitis in a patient with ulcerative colitis: Report of one case].
- Authors: Estay C, Simian D, Flores L, Piottante A, Quera R
- Issue date: 2016 Aug