AffiliationUniversity College Dublin, National Maternity Hospital, Holles Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. email@example.com
DIABETES MELLITUS type 1
Diabetes mellitus type 2
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
Hemoglobin A, Glycosylated
Pregnancy in Diabetics
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPregnancy in women with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes in Dublin. 2011, 180 (2):469-73 Ir J Med Sci
JournalIrish journal of medical science
AbstractThe Confidential Enquiry into Maternal and Child Health (CEMACH) reported outcomes of pregnancies in women with pre-gestational diabetes (PGDM) in the UK (n = 3,733). This study aimed to compare CEMACH outcomes with PGDM pregnancies in Dublin.
Retrospective chart review of all PGDM pregnancies. Comparison to CEMACH are shown in brackets.
One hundred and ten PGDM women delivered in Dublin. Thirty (27%) had T2 diabetes (vs. 27%). Fifty-nine (53%) women had a booking HbA1c less than 7% (vs. 66%). Nineteen women (17.3%) had a first trimester miscarriage (vs. 8.5%). Of the 91 remaining women, 71 (78%) women underwent induction of labour (vs. 38.9%). Fifty-four women (59.3%) were delivered by caesarean section (vs. 67.4%). Two infants (2.1%) were macrosomic (vs. 5.7%). There was one intrauterine death (0.1 vs. 0.6%) and no maternal deaths (vs. five).
These results serve to underline the continued importance of multidisciplinary care for pregnant women with diabetes.
- [Characteristics of pre-gestational diabetes mellitus diagnosed during pregnancy and the effects on pregnancy outcomes].
- Authors: Wei YM, Yang HX
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 25
- Glycemic control and pregnancy outcomes in women with type 2 diabetes from Poland. The impact of pregnancy planning and a comparison with type 1 diabetes subjects.
- Authors: Cyganek K, Hebda-Szydlo A, Skupien J, Katra B, Janas I, Borodako A, Kaim I, Klupa T, Reron A, Malecki MT
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- Prediction of macrosomia at birth in type-1 and 2 diabetic pregnancies with biomarkers of early placentation.
- Authors: Kuc S, Wortelboer EJ, Koster MP, de Valk HW, Schielen PC, Visser GH
- Issue date: 2011 May
- Pregnancy outcomes of diabetic women: charting Oman's progress towards the goals of the Saint Vincent Declaration.
- Authors: Barakat MN, Youssef RM, Al-Lawati JA
- Issue date: 2010 Jul-Aug
- Cause of death in infants of women with pregestational diabetes mellitus and the relationship with glycemic control.
- Authors: Rackham O, Paize F, Weindling AM
- Issue date: 2009 Jul