The role of thromboxane A(2) in the pathogenesis of intrauterine growth restriction associated with maternal smoking in pregnancy.
AffiliationCoombe Women and Infants University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland., email@example.com
MeSH6-Ketoprostaglandin F1 alpha/analogs & derivatives/urine
Fetal Growth Retardation/*etiology/metabolism
Thromboxane B2/analogs & derivatives/urine
MetadataShow full item record
CitationProstaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2011 Aug;95(1-4):63-7. doi:, 10.1016/j.prostaglandins.2011.06.007. Epub 2011 Jun 23.
JournalProstaglandins & other lipid mediators
AbstractBACKGROUND: To examine the effect of maternal smoking in pregnancy on the production of two eicosanoids, thromboxane A(2) and prostacyclin I2, and their role in the pathogenesis of intrauterine growth restriction. METHODS: Prospective case control study enrolled smoking and non-smoking women at
- Prostacyclin, thromboxane A and the effect of low-dose ASA in pregnancies at high risk for hypertensive disorders.
- Authors: Vainio M, Riutta A, Koivisto AM, Mäenpää J
- Issue date: 2004 Dec
- Urinary excretion of degradation products of prostacyclin and thromboxane is increased in patients with gestational choriocarcinoma.
- Authors: Aitokallio-Tallberg AM, Jung JK, Kim SJ, Viinikka LU, Ylikorkala RO
- Issue date: 1991 Aug 15
- Prostacyclin and thromboxane in pregnant and nonpregnant women in response to exercise.
- Authors: Rauramo I, Ilmonen S, Viinikka L, Ylikorkala O
- Issue date: 1995 Jun
- Urinary prostacyclin and thromboxane metabolites in drinking pregnant women and in their infants: relations to the fetal alcohol effects.
- Authors: Ylikorkala O, Halmesmäki E, Viinikka L
- Issue date: 1988 Jan
- The effect of unreamed and reamed intramedullary nailing on the urinary excretion of prostacyclin and thromboxane A2 metabolites in patients with tibial shaft fractures.
- Authors: Lindström T, Gullichsen E, Riutta A
- Issue date: 1998 Oct