AffiliationWaterford Regional Hospital, Orthopaedics, Waterford, Ireland., email@example.com
Aged, 80 and over
Arthroplasty, Replacement, Knee/instrumentation/*methods
MetadataShow full item record
CitationInt Orthop. 2010 Oct;34(7):955-8. Epub 2009 Jul 7.
AbstractThe management of the patella in total knee arthroplasty still causes controversy. Whether or not to resurface the patella in primary total knee arthroplasty remains unclear. In this study we examined 220 consecutive total knee replacements, by a single surgeon, where the patella was routinely resurfaced using the inset technique. All patellae were suitable for resurfacing. Patellar thickness was not altered in 54.5% of patellae. In 97.2% the patella was within 2 mm of the original thickness. There were no significant complications. In this study we have found that the inset technique of patella resurfacing in total knee replacement is a simple and safe resurfacing procedure.
- The need for patellar resurfacing in total knee arthroplasty: a literature review.
- Authors: Swan JD, Stoney JD, Lim K, Dowsey MM, Choong PF
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- Routine Patellar Resurfacing During Total Knee Arthroplasty Is Not Cost-Effective in Patients Without Patellar Arthritis.
- Authors: Zmistowski BM, Fillingham YA, Salmons HI, Ward DT, Good RP, Lonner JH
- Issue date: 2019 Sep
- Patellar resurfacing in total knee arthroplasty. A prospective, randomized study.
- Authors: Waters TS, Bentley G
- Issue date: 2003 Feb
- Systematic review of patellar resurfacing in total knee arthroplasty.
- Authors: Li S, Chen Y, Su W, Zhao J, He S, Luo X
- Issue date: 2011 Mar
- No difference between resurfaced and non-resurfaced patellae with a modern prosthesis design: a prospective randomized study of 250 total knee arthroplasties.
- Authors: Deroche E, Batailler C, Swan J, Sappey-Marinier E, Neyret P, Servien E, Lustig S
- Issue date: 2022 Mar