Impact of cardiac rehabilitation on health related quality of life.
AffiliationWaterford Regional Hospital, Dunmore Road, Waterford. firstname.lastname@example.org
*Quality of Life
MetadataShow full item record
CitationIr Med J. 2009 Nov-Dec;102(10):331-2.
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractCardiac rehabilitation (CR) programs are recognized as integral part of the comprehensive care of patients with cardiovascular disease and are recommended as useful and effective (Class I) by the American Heart Association (AHA). In this study we used serial administration of the short form 36 (SF36) to evaluate patient's response to CR in terms of improvement in Health related Quality of Life. A total of 49 patients were included in the analysis. There was a significant improvement observed after CR in the Physical Capacity Score (42.3 vs 49.9 p = 0.0005). There was no significant improvement in the Mental Capacity Score (54.8 vs 54.9 p = 0.96). We conclude that Cardiac Rehabilitation Program causes a significant improvement in the health related quality of life of patients by improving their physical health and well being but does not improve the mental capacity which is already at a healthy level before CR.
- Short-term impact of a 4-week intensive cardiac rehabilitation program on quality of life and anxiety-depression.
- Authors: Duarte Freitas P, Haida A, Bousquet M, Richard L, Mauriège P, Guiraud T
- Issue date: 2011 May
- Quality of life measures and gender comparisons in North Carolina Cardiac Rehabilitation Programs.
- Authors: Verrill D, Barton C, Beasley W, Brennan M, Lippard M, King C
- Issue date: 2001 Jan-Feb
- Quality of life following participation in cardiac rehabilitation programs of longer or shorter than 6 months: does duration matter?
- Authors: Leung YW, Grewal K, Gravely-Witte S, Suskin N, Stewart DE, Grace SL
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- Relationship between employment and mental health outcomes following Cardiac Rehabilitation: an observational analysis from the National Audit of Cardiac Rehabilitation.
- Authors: Harrison AS, Sumner J, McMillan D, Doherty P
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 1
- [Recommendations for cardiovascular rehabilitation in the very elderly].
- Authors: Vigorito C, Incalzi RA, Acanfora D, Marchionni N, Fattirolli F, Gruppo Italiano di Cardiologia Riabilitativa e Preventiva.
- Issue date: 2003 Mar