AffiliationDepartment of Gastroenterology, Adelaide and Meath Hospital incorporating the, National Children's Hospital/Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland., firstname.lastname@example.org
MeSHAnti-Bacterial Agents/*therapeutic use
Clinical Trials as Topic
Drug Therapy, Combination
Helicobacter Infections/*drug therapy/genetics/microbiology
Helicobacter pylori/*drug effects
Proton Pump Inhibitors/*therapeutic use
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHelicobacter. 2011 Sep;16 Suppl 1:53-8. doi: 10.1111/j.1523-5378.2011.00881.x.
AbstractThis article reviews the literature published pertaining to Helicobacter pylori eradication over the last year. The general perception among clinicians and academics engaged in research on H. pylori has been that eradication rates for first-line therapies are falling, although some data published this year have cast doubt on this. The studies published this year have therefore focussed on developing alternative strategies for the first-line eradication of H. pylori. In this regard, clear evidence now exists that both levofloxacin and bismuth are viable options for first-line therapy. The sequential and "concomitant" regimes have also been studied in new settings and may have a role in future algorithms also. In addition, data have emerged that the probiotic Saccharomyces boulardii may be a useful adjunct to antibiotic therapy. Other studies promote individualized therapies based on host polymorphisms, age, and other such demographic factors.
- Treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection.
- Authors: O'Connor A, Gisbert J, O'Morain C
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- Treatment of Helicobacter pylori.
- Authors: Egan BJ, Katicic M, O'Connor HJ, O'Morain CA
- Issue date: 2007 Oct
- Treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection 2016.
- Authors: O'Connor A, Fischbach W, Gisbert JP, O'Morain C
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- Helicobacter pylori eradication: role of individual therapy constituents and therapy duration.
- Authors: Qasim A, O'Morain CA, O'Connor HJ
- Issue date: 2009 Feb
- Review article: non-bismuth quadruple (concomitant) therapy for eradication of Helicobater pylori.
- Authors: Gisbert JP, Calvet X
- Issue date: 2011 Sep