Brett, Francesca M
McCabe, Dominick J H
AffiliationDepartment of Neurology, The Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Dublin, and the, National Children's Hospital, Trinity College, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Ireland.
Muscular Dystrophies, Limb-Girdle/complications/diagnosis/genetics
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMuscle Nerve. 2011 May;43(5):761-4. doi: 10.1002/mus.22041.
JournalMuscle & nerve
AbstractDysphagia has not been reported in genetically confirmed limb-girdle muscular dystrophy type 2B (LGMD2B). A 40-year-old woman reported exercise-induced calf pain at age 34, followed by progressive lower and upper limb weakness. At age 38, progressive dysphagia for solids, and subsequently liquids, ensued. Endoscopic and videofluoroscopic-radiological findings indicated a myopathic swallowing disorder. Molecular genetic analysis confirmed two dysferlin gene mutations consistent with a compound heterozygote state. Progressive dysphagia should be considered as part of the expanding dysferlinopathy phenotype.
- Painful enlargement of the calf muscles in limb girdle muscular dystrophy type 2B (LGMD2B) with a novel compound heterozygous mutation in DYSF.
- Authors: Diers A, Carl M, Stoltenburg-Didinger G, Vorgerd M, Spuler S
- Issue date: 2007 Feb
- Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy 2B and Miyoshi Presentations of Dysferlinopathy.
- Authors: Patel NJ, Van Dyke KW, Espinoza LR
- Issue date: 2017 May
- A case of dysferlinopathy presenting choreic movements.
- Authors: Takahashi T, Aoki M, Imai T, Yoshioka M, Konno H, Higano S, Onodera Y, Saito H, Kimura I, Itoyama Y
- Issue date: 2006 Sep
- [Progressive muscular weakness of lower limbs revealing a limb girdle muscular dystrophy].
- Authors: Saintmard G, Brands G, Debray FG, Lognard M
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- Epilepsy and limb girdle muscular dystrophy type 2A: double trouble, serendipitous finding or new phenotype?
- Authors: Pizzanelli C, Mancuso M, Galli R, Choub A, Fanin M, Nascimbeni AC, Siciliano G, Murri L
- Issue date: 2006 Jun