Infliximab-associated alveolitis after treatment for severe left-sided ulcerative colitis.
AffiliationDepartment of Gastroenterology, Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin,, Republic of Ireland. email@example.com
Antibodies, Monoclonal/*adverse effects
Colitis, Ulcerative/*drug therapy/pathology
Gastrointestinal Agents/*adverse effects
Pulmonary Fibrosis/*chemically induced
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009 Jul;21(7):830-2.
JournalEuropean journal of gastroenterology & hepatology
AbstractHere we describe a patient with ulcerative colitis who developed alveolitis after infliximab therapy. With earlier case reports of development of alveolitis in rheumatoid arthritis patients after infliximab infusion, the temporal relationship between the infliximab therapy and the development of alveolitis in this case, raises the possibility that the two might be causally related. With an increasing trend towards treating moderate to severely active ulcerative colitis patients with infliximab as a rescue therapy, clinicians should be aware of this potentially serious complication.
- Infliximab in severe ulcerative colitis: short-term results of different infusion regimens and long-term follow-up.
- Authors: Kohn A, Daperno M, Armuzzi A, Cappello M, Biancone L, Orlando A, Viscido A, Annese V, Riegler G, Meucci G, Marrollo M, Sostegni R, Gasbarrini A, Peralta S, Prantera C
- Issue date: 2007 Sep 1
- Infliximab as a rescue therapy for hospitalized patients with severe ulcerative colitis refractory to systemic corticosteroids.
- Authors: Yamamoto-Furusho JK, Uzcanga LF
- Issue date: 2008
- Meta-analysis: pre-operative infliximab treatment and short-term post-operative complications in patients with ulcerative colitis.
- Authors: Yang Z, Wu Q, Wu K, Fan D
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 15
- Infliximab in ulcerative colitis is associated with an increased risk of postoperative complications after restorative proctocolectomy.
- Authors: Mor IJ, Vogel JD, da Luz Moreira A, Shen B, Hammel J, Remzi FH
- Issue date: 2008 Aug
- A retrospective analysis of the efficacy and safety of infliximab as rescue therapy in acute severe ulcerative colitis.
- Authors: Lees CW, Heys D, Ho GT, Noble CL, Shand AG, Mowat C, Boulton-Jones R, Williams A, Church N, Satsangi J, Arnott ID, Scottish Society of Gastroenterology Infliximab Group
- Issue date: 2007 Aug 1