Interrater reliability of the Melbourne Assessment of Unilateral Upper Limb Function for children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy.
AffiliationDiscipline of Occupational Therapy, Trinity Centre for Health Sciences, St. James, Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAm J Occup Ther. 2011 Jul-Aug;65(4):378-83.
JournalThe American journal of occupational therapy. : official publication of the, American Occupational Therapy Association
AbstractOBJECTIVE: We examined the interrater reliability of the Melbourne Assessment of Unilateral Upper Limb Function. METHOD: Three occupational therapists independently scored 34 videotaped assessments of children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy aged 6 yr, 1 mo, to 14 yr, 5 mo. Intraclass correlation coefficients (ICCs) at a 95% confidence interval were calculated for total scores, category scores, and item scores. RESULTS: The correlation between raters' total scores was high (ICC = .961). The highest correlation for test components between raters was found for fluency (ICC = .902), followed by range of movement (ICC = .866), and the lowest correlation was found for quality of movement (ICC = .683). The ICCs for individual test item scores varied and ranged from .368 to .899. CONCLUSION: This study demonstrated high interrater reliability for total scores, with scoring of some individual components and items requiring further consideration from both a clinical and a research perspective.
- Effect of rater training on reliability of Melbourne Assessment of Unilateral Upper Limb Function scores.
- Authors: Cusick A, Vasquez M, Knowles L, Wallen M
- Issue date: 2005 Jan
- Comparison of the Melbourne Assessment of Unilateral Upper Limb Function and the Quality of Upper Extremity Skills Test in hemiplegic CP.
- Authors: Klingels K, De Cock P, Desloovere K, Huenaerts C, Molenaers G, Van Nuland I, Huysmans A, Feys H
- Issue date: 2008 Dec
- Reliability and validity of the Upper Limb Physician's Rating Scale in children with cerebral palsy.
- Authors: Park ES, Joo JW, Kim SA, Rha DW, Jung SJ
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- Selective Control of the Upper Extremity Scale: validation of a clinical assessment tool for children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy.
- Authors: Wagner LV, Davids JR, Hardin JW
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Reliability of the Melbourne assessment of unilateral upper limb function.
- Authors: Randall M, Carlin JB, Chondros P, Reddihough D
- Issue date: 2001 Nov