Incidence and significance of FLT3-ITD and NPM1 mutations in patients with normal karyotype acute myeloid leukaemia.
AffiliationCancer Molecular Diagnostics, Central Pathology Laboratory, St. James Hospital,, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Electrophoresis, Agar Gel
Leukemia, Myeloid, Acute/*genetics
fms-Like Tyrosine Kinase 3/*genetics
MetadataShow full item record
CitationIr J Med Sci. 2010 Dec;179(4):507-10. Epub 2010 Aug 31.
JournalIrish journal of medical science
AbstractBACKGROUND: Acute myeloid leukaemia (AML) is a heterogeneous clonal disorder of haematopoietic progenitor cells. Approximately half of all adult AML patients have a normal karyotype (NK-AML) and an intermediate risk prognosis. AIMS: To determine the incidence and prognostic significance of NPM1 and FLT3-ITD mutations in a population of patients with NK-AML. METHODS: FLT3-ITD and NPM1 mutation status was retrospectively sought in presentation samples from 44 NK-AML patients. RESULTS: FLT3-ITD and NPM1 mutations were detected in 45.5 and 54.5% of patients, respectively, allowing stratification according to genotype. CONCLUSIONS: FLT3-ITD and NPM1 mutation status can be defined in NK-AML. Prospective screening for these mutations is advocated in all NK-AML patients, as the genotype is of clinical importance when considering treatment options including stem cell transplantation.
- Transplant outcomes of the triple-negative NPM1/FLT3-ITD/CEBPA mutation subgroup are equivalent to those of the favourable ELN risk group, but significantly better than the intermediate-I risk group after allogeneic transplant in normal-karyotype AML.
- Authors: Ahn JS, Kim HJ, Kim YK, Jung SH, Yang DH, Lee JJ, Kim NY, Choi SH, Jung CW, Jang JH, Kim HJ, Moon JH, Sohn SK, Won JH, Kim SH, Kim DD
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- Age-dependent frequencies of NPM1 mutations and FLT3-ITD in patients with normal karyotype AML (NK-AML).
- Authors: Schneider F, Hoster E, Schneider S, Dufour A, Benthaus T, Kakadia PM, Bohlander SK, Braess J, Heinecke A, Sauerland MC, Berdel WE, Buechner T, Woermann BJ, Feuring-Buske M, Buske C, Creutzig U, Thiede C, Zwaan MC, van den Heuvel-Eibrink MM, Reinhardt D, Hiddemann W, Spiekermann K
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- Detection of NPM1 exon 12 mutations and FLT3 - internal tandem duplications by high resolution melting analysis in normal karyotype acute myeloid leukemia.
- Authors: Tan AY, Westerman DA, Carney DA, Seymour JF, Juneja S, Dobrovic A
- Issue date: 2008 Jul 29
- Combination of FLT3-ITD Allelic Ratio, NPM1 Mutation, and Immunophenotypic Markers to Modulate Outcome Prediction in Patients with Normal Karyotype Acute Myelogenous Leukemia Undergoing Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation.
- Authors: Jiang G, Capo-Chichi JM, Liu A, Atenafu EG, Kumar R, Minden MD, Chang H
- Issue date: 2020 Nov
- The effect of the detection of minimal residual disease for the prognosis and the choice of post-remission therapy of intermediate-risk acute myeloid leukemia without FLT3-ITD, NPM1 and biallelic CEBPA mutations.
- Authors: Zheng WS, Hu YL, Guan LX, Peng B, Wang SY
- Issue date: 2021 Dec