Intravenous cidofovir for resistant cutaneous warts in a patient with psoriasis treated with monoclonal antibodies.
AffiliationDepartment of Dermatology, South Infirmary-Victoria University Hospital, Cork,, Co. Cork, Ireland.
Antibodies, Monoclonal/therapeutic use
Antibodies, Monoclonal, Humanized
Antiviral Agents/*administration & dosage
Cytosine/administration & dosage/*analogs & derivatives
Phosphonic Acids/*administration & dosage
Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha/therapeutic use
MetadataShow full item record
CitationClin Exp Dermatol. 2011 Aug;36(6):638-40. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2230.2011.04039.x.
JournalClinical and experimental dermatology
AbstractHuman papilloma virus is a common and often distressing cutaneous disease. It can be therapeutically challenging, especially in immunocompromised patients. We report a case of recalcitrant cutaneous warts that resolved with intravenous cidofovir treatment. The patient was immunocompromised secondary to monoclonal antibody therapy for psoriasis.
- Intralesional cidofovir in the treatment of cutaneous warts in a renal transplant patient.
- Authors: Blouin MM, Cloutier R, Noël R
- Issue date: 2012 Nov-Dec
- Intravenous cidofovir treatment for recalcitrant warts in the setting of a patient with myelodysplastic syndrome.
- Authors: Gröne D, Treudler R, de Villiers EM, Husak R, Orfanos CE, Zouboulis ChC
- Issue date: 2006 Feb
- Successful treatment of florid cutaneous warts with intravenous cidofovir in an 11-year-old girl.
- Authors: Cusack C, Fitzgerald D, Clayton TM, Irvine AD
- Issue date: 2008 May-Jun
- Substantial effect of topical cidofovir 1% on recalcitrant warts in a renal-transplanted adolescent: a case report.
- Authors: Kralund HH, Broesby-Olsen S, Bistrup C, Lorentzen HF
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 15
- Treatment of verruca vulgaris with topical cidofovir in an immunocompromised patient: a case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Cha S, Johnston L, Natkunam Y, Brown J
- Issue date: 2005 Sep-Dec