The prevalence of vitamin D deficiency in consecutive new patients seen over a 6-month period in general rheumatology clinics.
AffiliationArthritis and Osteoporosis Centre, Department of Rheumatology, South, Infirmary-Victoria University Hospital, Cork, Ireland. email@example.com
Aged, 80 and over
*Ambulatory Care Facilities
Connective Tissue Diseases/*epidemiology/physiopathology
Vitamin D Deficiency/*epidemiology/physiopathology
MetadataShow full item record
CitationClin Rheumatol. 2011 Jun;30(6):789-94. Epub 2010 Dec 24.
AbstractThe objectives of this study are to assess: (a) the prevalence of vitamin D deficiency among new patients attending rheumatology outpatient departments, (b) the age profile of these low vitamin D patients and (c) whether any diagnostic category had a particularly high number of vitamin D-deficient patients. All new patients seen consecutively in general rheumatology clinics between January to June 2007 inclusive were eligible to partake in this study, and 231 out of 264 consented to do so. Parathyroid hormone, 25-hydroxyvitamin D, creatinine, calcium, phosphate, albumin and alkaline phosphatase levels were measured. We defined vitamin D deficiency as /=65 and 78% of patients aged
- Vitamin D deficiency and reduced lung function in connective tissue-associated interstitial lung diseases.
- Authors: Hagaman JT, Panos RJ, McCormack FX, Thakar CV, Wikenheiser-Brokamp KA, Shipley RT, Kinder BW
- Issue date: 2011 Feb
- Vitamin D deficiency among patients attending a central New Zealand rheumatology outpatient clinic.
- Authors: Chiu G
- Issue date: 2005 Nov 11
- Vitamin D deficiency in connective tissue disease-associated interstitial lung disease.
- Authors: Deng M, Tang L, Huang D, Wang Z, Chen J
- Issue date: 2018 Nov-Dec
- Vitamin d deficiency and seasonal variation in an adult South Florida population.
- Authors: Levis S, Gomez A, Jimenez C, Veras L, Ma F, Lai S, Hollis B, Roos BA
- Issue date: 2005 Mar
- Prevalence of vitamin D inadequacy in patients attending a metabolic bone clinic in Medway.
- Authors: Ryan P, Dixon T
- Issue date: 2006 Jan