The relationship between maternal insulin-like growth factors 1 and 2 (IGF-1, IGF-2) and IGFBP-3 to gestational age and preterm delivery.
AuthorsCooley, Sharon M
Donnelly, Jennifer C
Geary, Michael P
Rodeck, Charles H
Hindmarsh, Peter C
AffiliationRotunda Hospital, Parnell Street, Dublin 1, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Insulin-Like Growth Factor Binding Protein 3/*blood
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I/*analysis
Insulin-Like Growth Factor II/*analysis
MetadataShow full item record
CitationJ Perinat Med. 2010 May;38(3):255-9.
JournalJournal of perinatal medicine
AbstractAIMS: To investigate the relationship between levels of insulin-like growth factors 1 and 2 (IGF-1, IGF-2), and insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3) in antenatal maternal serum and gestational age at delivery. METHODS: Prospective cohort study of 1650 low-risk Caucasian women in a London University teaching hospital. Maternal IGF-1, IGF-2 and IGFBP-3 were measured in maternal blood at booking and analyzed with respect to gestational age at delivery. RESULTS: There was no significant association between maternal IGF-1 or IGF-2 and preterm birth (PTB). A significant reduction in mean IGFBP-3 levels was noted with delivery <32 completed weeks (P=0.02). CONCLUSION: Maternal mean IGFBP-3 levels are significantly reduced in cases complicated by delivery <32 completed weeks.
- Maternal and cord blood levels of insulin-like growth factors--I and--II and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1: correlation with birth weight and maternal anthropometric indices.
- Authors: Pathmaperuma AN, Tennekoon KH, Senanayake L, Karunanayake EH
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Influence of a single course of antenatal betamethasone on the maternal-fetal insulin-IGF-GH axis in singleton pregnancies.
- Authors: Ahmad I, Beharry KD, Valencia AM, Cho S, Guajardo L, Nageotte MP, Modanlou HD
- Issue date: 2006 Aug
- Maternal and fetal insulin-like growth factors 1 and 2 (IGF-1, IGF-2) and IGF BP-3, and their relationship to fetal acidosis at delivery.
- Authors: Cooley SM, Donnelly JC, Geary MP, Rodeck CH, Hindmarsh PC
- Issue date: 2004
- The relation between human fetal growth and fetal blood levels of insulin-like growth factors I and II, their binding proteins, and receptors.
- Authors: Reece EA, Wiznitzer A, Le E, Homko CJ, Behrman H, Spencer EM
- Issue date: 1994 Jul
- Maternal and fetal serum insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) IGF binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3), leptin levels and early postnatal growth in infants born asymmetrically small for gestational age.
- Authors: Orbak Z, Darcan S, Coker M, Gökşen D
- Issue date: 2001 Sep-Oct