All azoospermic males should be screened for cystic fibrosis mutations before intracytoplasmic sperm injection.
AffiliationHuman Assisted Reproduction Ireland, Rotunda Hospital, and Royal College of, Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator/*genetics
DNA Mutational Analysis
Predictive Value of Tests
*Sperm Injections, Intracytoplasmic
MetadataShow full item record
CitationFertil Steril. 2010 Nov;94(6):2448-50. Epub 2010 Apr 9.
JournalFertility and sterility
AbstractWe assessed the frequency of CFTR mutations in groups with varying degrees of sub-fertility and compared these groups to a fertile male group with proven paternity. Screening for CFTR mutations should be routine for all azoospermic males, irrespective of obstructive or non-obstructive etiology, prior to proposing ICSI treatment. CFTR testing has no value in the investigation of non-azoospermic infertile males.
- Outcome of intracytoplasmic sperm injection for a couple in which the man is carrier of CFTR p.[R74W;V201M;D1270N] and p.P841R mutations and his spouse a heterozygous carrier of p.F508del mutation of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator gene.
- Authors: Brugnon F, Bilan F, Heraud MC, Grizard G, Janny L, Creveaux I
- Issue date: 2008 Nov
- Improved detection of cystic fibrosis mutations in infertility patients with DNA sequence analysis.
- Authors: Danziger KL, Black LD, Keiles SB, Kammesheidt A, Turek PJ
- Issue date: 2004 Mar
- Increased frequency of cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator gene mutations in infertile males.
- Authors: Schulz S, Jakubiczka S, Kropf S, Nickel I, Muschke P, Kleinstein J
- Issue date: 2006 Jan
- Genetic markers of male infertility: Y chromosome microdeletions and cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance gene mutations.
- Authors: Sertić J, Cvitković P, Myers A, Saiki RK, Stavljenić Rukavina A
- Issue date: 2001 Aug
- Increased frequency of CFTR gene mutations identified in Indian infertile men with non-CBAVD obstructive azoospermia and spermatogenic failure.
- Authors: Sharma H, Mavuduru RS, Singh SK, Prasad R
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 10