Application of the GRAPPA psoriatic arthritis treatment recommendations in clinical practice.
AffiliationBone and Joint Unit, Dublin Academic Health Care, St Vincent's University, Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Severity of Illness Index
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCurr Rheumatol Rep. 2010 Aug;12(4):264-71.
JournalCurrent rheumatology reports
AbstractPsoriatic disease presents with a complex array of clinical features, including peripheral synovitis and skin psoriasis, but there is also variable involvement of the nail, dactylitis, enthesitis, and spinal disease. Composite assessment of disease activity and response taking into account the impact of the disease as a whole on an individual's health and quality of life is of vital importance. Following an extensive literature review, discussions, and consensus, the Group for Research in Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis (GRAPPA) published guidelines to help clinicians make treatment decisions. The utility of these guidelines in routine clinical practice is further enhanced by incorporating them into a Composite Psoriatic Disease Activity Index (CPDAI). The potential application of the CPDAI in typical psoriatic disease patients is presented and discussed. Validation and possible modification of a composite disease activity and responder index is currently being undertaken by GRAPPA.
- GRAPPA treatment recommendations: an update from the GRAPPA 2013 Annual Meeting.
- Authors: Coates LC, Ritchlin CT, Kavanaugh AF
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Measures of psoriatic arthritis: Tender and Swollen Joint Assessment, Psoriasis Area and Severity Index (PASI), Nail Psoriasis Severity Index (NAPSI), Modified Nail Psoriasis Severity Index (mNAPSI), Mander/Newcastle Enthesitis Index (MEI), Leeds Enthesitis Index (LEI), Spondyloarthritis Research Consortium of Canada (SPARCC), Maastricht Ankylosing Spondylitis Enthesis Score (MASES), Leeds Dactylitis Index (LDI), Patient Global for Psoriatic Arthritis, Dermatology Life Quality Index (DLQI), Psoriatic Arthritis Quality of Life (PsAQOL), Functional Assessment of Chronic Illness Therapy-Fatigue (FACIT-F), Psoriatic Arthritis Response Criteria (PsARC), Psoriatic Arthritis Joint Activity Index (PsAJAI), Disease Activity in Psoriatic Arthritis (DAPSA), and Composite Psoriatic Disease Activity Index (CPDAI).
- Authors: Mease PJ
- Issue date: 2011 Nov
- Development of a disease activity and responder index for psoriatic arthritis--report of the Psoriatic Arthritis Module at OMERACT 11.
- Authors: Coates LC, FitzGerald O, Mease PJ, Gladman DD, Strand V, Goel N, Campbell I, Krueger G, McHugh NJ, Helliwell PS
- Issue date: 2014 Apr
- Composite disease activity and responder indices for psoriatic arthritis: a report from the GRAPPA 2013 meeting on development of cutoffs for both disease activity states and response.
- Authors: Helliwell PS, FitzGerald O, Fransen J
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Group for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis 2015 Treatment Recommendations for Psoriatic Arthritis.
- Authors: Coates LC, Kavanaugh A, Mease PJ, Soriano ER, Laura Acosta-Felquer M, Armstrong AW, Bautista-Molano W, Boehncke WH, Campbell W, Cauli A, Espinoza LR, FitzGerald O, Gladman DD, Gottlieb A, Helliwell PS, Husni ME, Love TJ, Lubrano E, McHugh N, Nash P, Ogdie A, Orbai AM, Parkinson A, O'Sullivan D, Rosen CF, Schwartzman S, Siegel EL, Toloza S, Tuong W, Ritchlin CT
- Issue date: 2016 May