Development of a preliminary composite disease activity index in psoriatic arthritis.
Coates, Laura C
Veale J, Douglas
AffiliationDepartment of Rheumatology, St Vincent's University Hospital, University College , Dublin, Dublin, Ireland.
Antirheumatic Agents/therapeutic use
Arthritis, Psoriatic/*diagnosis/drug therapy
Quality of Life
*Severity of Illness Index
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAnn Rheum Dis. 2011 Feb;70(2):272-7. Epub 2010 Nov 29.
JournalAnnals of the rheumatic diseases
AbstractOBJECTIVES: To develop a preliminary composite psoriatic disease activity index (CPDAI) for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. METHODS: Five domains were assessed and specific instruments were employed for each domain to determine the extent of domain involvement and the effect of that involvement on quality of life/function. Disease activity for each domain was then graded from 0 to 3 giving a CPDAI range of 0-15. Patient and physician global disease activity measures were also recorded and an independent physician was asked to indicate if treatment change was required. Bivariate correlation analysis was performed. Factor, tree analysis and standardised response means were also calculated. RESULTS: Significant correlation was seen between CPDAI and both patient (r = 0.834) and physician (r = 0.825) global disease activity assessments (p = 0.01). Tree analysis revealed that 96.3% of patients had their treatment changed when CPDAI values were greater than 6; no patient had their treatment changed when CPDAI values were less than 5. CONCLUSION: CPDAI correlates well with patient and physician global disease activity assessments and is an effective tool that clearly distinguishes those who require a treatment change from those who do not.
- Combination of skin, joint and quality of life outcomes with etanercept in psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis in the PRESTA trial.
- Authors: Prinz JC, Fitzgerald O, Boggs RI, Foehl J, Robertson D, Pedersen R, Molta CT, Freundlich B
- Issue date: 2011 May
- Application of composite disease activity scores in psoriatic arthritis to the PRESTA data set.
- Authors: FitzGerald O, Helliwell P, Mease P, Mumtaz A, Coates L, Pedersen R, Nab H, Molta C
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Early psoriatic arthritis.
- Authors: Gladman DD
- Issue date: 2012 May
- Composite disease activity and responder indices for psoriatic arthritis: a report from the GRAPPA 2013 meeting on development of cutoffs for both disease activity states and response.
- Authors: Helliwell PS, FitzGerald O, Fransen J
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Application of the DAREA/DAPSA score for assessment of disease activity in psoriatic arthritis.
- Authors: Schoels M, Aletaha D, Funovits J, Kavanaugh A, Baker D, Smolen JS
- Issue date: 2010 Aug