AffiliationSt Vincent's University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin 4. email@example.com
Analgesia, Epidural/*adverse effects
Post-Dural Puncture Headache/*etiology/radiography
Spinal Puncture/*adverse effects
MetadataShow full item record
CitationIr Med J. 2009 Oct;102(9):295-6.
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractWe report the case of a 35-year-old lady who presented with a 6-day history of a postural headache following an uncomplicated epidural catheter insertion. Meningitis was initially suspected and a neurology review was obtained. CT and MRI brain revealed features suggestive of meningitis. However these radiological features are also consistent with post dural puncture headache (PDPH). This case highlights the under reported and possible misleading radiographical features of PDPH.
- The Relationship of Body Mass Index with the Incidence of Postdural Puncture Headache in Parturients.
- Authors: Peralta F, Higgins N, Lange E, Wong CA, McCarthy RJ
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- A prospective controlled study of continuous spinal analgesia versus repeat epidural analgesia after accidental dural puncture in labour.
- Authors: Russell IF
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- Post-epidural headache: how late can it occur?
- Authors: Reamy BV
- Issue date: 2009 Mar-Apr
- Ten years of experience with accidental dural puncture and post-dural puncture headache in a tertiary obstetric anaesthesia department.
- Authors: Van de Velde M, Schepers R, Berends N, Vandermeersch E, De Buck F
- Issue date: 2008 Oct
- Intrathecal catheter insertion during labour reduces the risk of post-dural puncture headache.
- Authors: Dennehy KC, Rosaeg OP
- Issue date: 1998 Jan