Coronary ostial involvement in acute aortic dissection: detection with 64-slice cardiac CT.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiology, Cardiac CT/MRI Program, St. Vincent's University, Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin 4, Ireland. email@example.com
Cardiac-Gated Imaging Techniques/*methods
Tomography, X-Ray Computed/*methods
MetadataShow full item record
CitationClin Imaging. 2009 Nov-Dec;33(6):471-3.
AbstractA 41-year-old man collapsed after lifting weights at a gym. Following admission to the emergency department, a 64-slice cardiac computed tomography (CT) revealed a Stanford Type A aortic dissection arising from a previous coarctation repair. Multiphasic reconstructions demonstrated an unstable, highly mobile aortic dissection flap that extended proximally to involve the right coronary artery ostium. Our case is an example of the application of electrocardiogram-gated cardiac CT in directly visualizing involvement of the coronary ostia in acute aortic dissection, which may influence surgical management.
- Acute myocardial infarction due to spontaneous, localized, acute dissection of the sinus of Valsalva detected by intravascular ultrasound and electrocardiogram-gated computed tomography.
- Authors: Ichihashi T, Ito T, Murai S, Ikehara N, Fujita H, Suda H, Ohte N
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- Rarity of isolated pulmonary embolism and acute aortic syndrome occurring outside of the field of view of dedicated coronary CT angiography.
- Authors: Lee HY, Song IS, Yoo SM, Rho JY, Moon JY, Kim IJ, Lim SW, Sung JH, Cha DH, White CS
- Issue date: 2011 May 1
- Acute type A aortic dissection and left main coronary artery obstruction detected by transesophageal echocardiography.
- Authors: Güllü AU, Nurkalem Z, Akçar M, Eren M
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- Motion characterization of aortic wall and intimal flap by ECG-gated CT in patients with chronic B-dissection.
- Authors: Ganten MK, Weber TF, von Tengg-Kobligk H, Böckler D, Stiller W, Geisbüsch P, Kauffmann GW, Delorme S, Bock M, Kauczor HU
- Issue date: 2009 Oct
- Cabrol shunt for iatrogenic aortic dissection: evaluation with cardiac 64-slice CT.
- Authors: Okumu RO, O'Donnell D, McCreery CJ, Luke D, Dodd JD
- Issue date: 2008 Mar