First isolation and outbreak of OXA-48-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae in an Irish hospital, March to June 2011.
AuthorsO'Brien, D J
FitzGerald, S F
Fenelon, L E
AffiliationDepartment of Microbiology, St. Vincent's University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland., firstname.lastname@example.org
MeSHAnti-Bacterial Agents/therapeutic use
Cross Infection/drug therapy/epidemiology
Intensive Care Units
Klebsiella Infections/drug therapy/epidemiology/microbiology
Klebsiella pneumoniae/*enzymology/*isolation & purification
Microbial Sensitivity Tests
Polymerase Chain Reaction
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEuro Surveill. 2011 Jul 21;16(29). pii: 19921.
JournalEuro surveillance : bulletin europeen sur les maladies transmissibles = European , communicable disease bulletin
AbstractFive OXA-48-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae were detected in a tertiary referral hospital in Ireland between March and June 2011. They were found in the clinical isolates of five cases that were inpatients on general surgical wards. None of the cases had received healthcare at a facility outside of Ireland in the previous 12 months. This is the first report of OXA-48-producing K. pneumoniae in Ireland.
- An outbreak of infection due to beta-Lactamase Klebsiella pneumoniae Carbapenemase 2-producing K. pneumoniae in a Greek University Hospital: molecular characterization, epidemiology, and outcomes.
- Authors: Souli M, Galani I, Antoniadou A, Papadomichelakis E, Poulakou G, Panagea T, Vourli S, Zerva L, Armaganidis A, Kanellakopoulou K, Giamarellou H
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 1
- Cluster of bloodstream infections caused by KPC-2 carbapenemase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae in Manhattan.
- Authors: Nadkarni AS, Schliep T, Khan L, Zeana CB
- Issue date: 2009 Mar
- Ongoing spread of colistin-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae in different wards of an acute general hospital, Italy, June to December 2011.
- Authors: Mammina C, Bonura C, Di Bernardo F, Aleo A, Fasciana T, Sodano C, Saporito MA, Verde MS, Tetamo R, Palma DM
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 16
- Spread of Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates producing OXA-48 β-lactamase in a Tunisian university hospital.
- Authors: Ktari S, Mnif B, Louati F, Rekik S, Mezghani S, Mahjoubi F, Hammami A
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Outbreak of infections due to KPC-2-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae in a hospital in Crete (Greece).
- Authors: Maltezou HC, Giakkoupi P, Maragos A, Bolikas M, Raftopoulos V, Papahatzaki H, Vrouhos G, Liakou V, Vatopoulos AC
- Issue date: 2009 Mar