Maternal insulin-like growth factors 1 and 2 (IGF-1, IGF-2) and IGF BP-3 and the hypertensive disorders of pregnancy.
AffiliationRotunda Hospital, Parnell Street, Dublin 1, Ireland. email@example.com
Infant, Newborn, Diseases/epidemiology
Insulin-Like Growth Factor Binding Protein 3
Insulin-Like Growth Factor Binding Proteins/*blood
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I/*analysis
Insulin-Like Growth Factor II/*analysis
Intensive Care Units, Neonatal/statistics & numerical data
Patient Admission/statistics & numerical data
MetadataShow full item record
CitationJ Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2010 Jul;23(7):658-61.
JournalThe journal of maternal-fetal & neonatal medicine : the official journal of the, European Association of Perinatal Medicine, the Federation of Asia and Oceania, Perinatal Societies, the International Society of Perinatal Obstetricians
AbstractOBJECTIVE: To investigate the relationship between levels of insulin-like growth factors 1 and 2 (IGF-1, IGF-2) and insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3) in antenatal maternal serum and gestational hypertension and pre-eclampsia (PET). METHODS: Prospective cohort study of 1650 low-risk Caucasian women in a University teaching hospital in London. Statistical analysis was performed using commercial software (SPSS for Windows, version 6.1, SPSS, Chicago, IL), with P < 0.05 as significant. Maternal IGF 1, IGF 2 and IGF BP-3 were assessed on maternal blood at booking. Blood pressure was checked at each visit in conjunction with urine analysis. The Davey & MacGillivray 1988 classification system was used in making the diagnosis of PET. RESULTS: There was no significant correlation between maternal IGF-1 or IGFBP-3 levels and gestational hypertension or PET. However, a significant positive correlation does exist between maternal IGF-2 levels and PET. CONCLUSIONS: Maternal IGF-2 has a significant positive correlation with PET.
- Maternal and cord blood levels of insulin-like growth factors--I and--II and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1: correlation with birth weight and maternal anthropometric indices.
- Authors: Pathmaperuma AN, Tennekoon KH, Senanayake L, Karunanayake EH
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) and IGF-binding proteins (IGFBP-1, -2 and -3) in diabetic pregnancy: relationship to macrosomia.
- Authors: Yan-Jun L, Tsushima T, Minei S, Sanaka M, Nagashima T, Yanagisawa K, Omori Y
- Issue date: 1996 Apr
- The relation between human fetal growth and fetal blood levels of insulin-like growth factors I and II, their binding proteins, and receptors.
- Authors: Reece EA, Wiznitzer A, Le E, Homko CJ, Behrman H, Spencer EM
- Issue date: 1994 Jul
- The relationship between maternal insulin-like growth factors 1 and 2 (IGF-1, IGF-2) and IGFBP-3 to gestational age and preterm delivery.
- Authors: Cooley SM, Donnelly JC, Collins C, Geary MP, Rodeck CH, Hindmarsh PC
- Issue date: 2010 May
- Insulin-like growth factors and binding proteins in early milk from mothers of preterm and term infants.
- Authors: Elmlinger MW, Hochhaus F, Loui A, Frommer KW, Obladen M, Ranke MB
- Issue date: 2007