The increased incidence of the RET p.Gly691Ser variant in French-Canadian vesicoureteric reflux patients is not replicated by a larger study in Ireland.
AffiliationThe Children's Research Centre, University College Dublin, Our Lady's Children's , Hospital Crumlin, Dublin 12, Ireland.
Amino Acid Substitution/*genetics
European Continental Ancestry Group/*genetics
*Genetic Predisposition to Disease
Polymorphism, Single Nucleotide/genetics
Proto-Oncogene Proteins c-ret/*genetics
Reproducibility of Results
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHum Mutat. 2009 May;30(5):E612-7.
AbstractThe p.Gly691Ser variant of the RET protein, resulting from the 'A' allele of the SNP rs1799939 in exon 11 of the RET gene, was recently found to be present in a high proportion of primary vesicoureteric reflux (pVUR) patients in Quebec. We have determined the genotype of this SNP in 221 unrelated index cases of pVUR from the Irish population, in 190 full siblings of 160 of the index cases, and in 592 healthy controls. We found no significant difference in genotype or allele frequencies in patients and controls, and no tendency of affected siblings to share the same genotype. We also found no difference in the presence of additional phenotypic features such as duplex kidneys, between patients with and without the 'A' allele, and no difference in grade of reflux. We find no evidence of any influence of RET SNP rs1799939 on pVUR phenotype.
- RET Gly691Ser mutation is associated with primary vesicoureteral reflux in the French-Canadian population from Quebec.
- Authors: Yang Y, Houle AM, Letendre J, Richter A
- Issue date: 2008 May
- G-protein beta3 subunit gene C825T polymorphism in patients with vesico-ureteric reflux.
- Authors: Zagradisnik B, Bracic K, Varda NM, Kokalj Vokac N, Gregoric A
- Issue date: 2004 Jul-Sep
- Evaluation of the thyroid transcription factor-1 gene (TITF1) as a Hirschsprung's disease locus.
- Authors: Garcia-Barceló MM, Lau DK, Ngan ES, Leon TY, Liu TT, So MT, Miao XP, Lui VC, Wong KK, Ganster RW, Cass DT, Croaker GD, Tam PK
- Issue date: 2007 Nov
- ACE gene polymorphism and renal scarring in primary vesicoureteric reflux.
- Authors: Haszon I, Friedman AL, Papp F, Bereczki C, Baji S, Bodrogi T, Károly E, Endreffy E, Túri S
- Issue date: 2002 Dec
- Mutations and polymorphisms of Hirschsprung disease candidate genes in Thai patients.
- Authors: Sangkhathat S, Kusafuka T, Chengkriwate P, Patrapinyokul S, Sangthong B, Fukuzawa M
- Issue date: 2006