Pneumomediastinum following high pressure air injection to the hand.
AffiliationDepartment of Orthopaedics, Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda, Co Louth., email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
CitationIr Med J. 2010 Apr;103(4):118-9.
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractWe present the case of a patient who developed pneumomediastinum after high pressure air injection to the hand. To our knowledge this is the first reported case of pneumomediastinum where the gas injection site was the thenar eminence. Fortunately the patient recovered with conservative management.
- Pneumomediastinum after injection injury to the hand.
- Authors: Temple CL, Richards RS, Dawson WB
- Issue date: 2000 Jul
- [Subcutaneous emphysema of hand and forearm due to high-pressure injection of air].
- Authors: Klein M, Szkrabko S, Rodríguez Martín J, Payaslian S
- Issue date: 2003
- Severe pneumomediastinum after high-pressure air-injection injury to the hand: a case of pneumomediastinum with an unusual cause.
- Authors: Steffen T, Wedel A, Kluckert JT, Lange J, Zerz A
- Issue date: 2009 Apr
- High-pressure injection injuries.
- Authors: Peters W
- Issue date: 1991 Oct
- [A rare case of penetrating sternal wound with pneumomediastinum due to fireworks (author's transl)].
- Authors: Matsumura C, Oshio T, Kawauchi M, Kirino A, Saito T, Sato Y
- Issue date: 1981