Necrotizing fasciitis of the lower extremity: a case report and current concept of diagnosis and management.
AffiliationDepartment of Orthopaedics, Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda, Republic of, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
CitationScand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2009 Jun 15;17:28.
JournalScandinavian journal of trauma, resuscitation and emergency medicine
AbstractNecrotizing fasciitis is a severe soft tissue infection characterized by rapidly progressing necrosis, involving subcutaneous tissues. This rare condition carries high mortality rate and require prompt diagnosis and urgent treatment with radical debridement and antibiotics. We describe a case of 21-year old man who presented with the history of trivial injury to the knee. Initially he was admitted and treated for septic arthritis but later was diagnosed as necrotizing fasciitis which was successfully treated with no ill effects what so ever from this devastating condition. This rare condition has been reported in literature but still early diagnosis, which is a key for successful treatment, remains a challenge.
- Necrotizing fasciitis of the perineum.
- Authors: Akın Y, Celayir AC, Aköz T, Civan HA, Kurt G, Ağzıkuru T, Sahin C
- Issue date: 2013 May
- [Monomicrobian necrotizing fasciitis of the leg due to multidrug-resistant <i>Acinetobacter baumannii</i> in a healthy adult: about a case].
- Authors: Ramampisendrahova JB, Razafimahatratra R, Solofomalala GD
- Issue date: 2020
- Necrotizing soft-tissue infection of a limb: clinical presentation and factors related to mortality.
- Authors: Ozalay M, Ozkoc G, Akpinar S, Hersekli MA, Tandogan RN
- Issue date: 2006 Aug
- Eyelid necrotizing fasciitis: what were the early signs?
- Authors: Shah AN, Day AC, Healy VC, Olver JM
- Issue date: 2013 Feb
- Bilateral periorbital necrotizing fasciitis: case report.
- Authors: Leonardo FHL, Anabuki M, Gonçalves ACP
- Issue date: 2018 Jun