DNA microarray genotyping and virulence and antimicrobial resistance gene profiling of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bloodstream isolates from renal patients.
AffiliationDepartment of Clinical Microbiology, RCSI Education and Research Centre, Smurfit , Building, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationJ Clin Microbiol. 2011 Dec;49(12):4349-51. Epub 2011 Sep 21.
JournalJournal of clinical microbiology
AbstractThirty-six methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) bloodstream isolates from renal patients were genetically characterized by DNA microarray analysis and spa typing. The isolates were highly clonal, belonging mainly to ST22-MRSA-IV. The immune evasion and enterotoxin gene clusters were found in 29/36 (80%) and 33/36 (92%) isolates, respectively.
- Characterization of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus ST398 from cases of bovine mastitis.
- Authors: Fessler A, Scott C, Kadlec K, Ehricht R, Monecke S, Schwarz S
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- Diversity of antimicrobial resistance pheno- and genotypes of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus ST398 from diseased swine.
- Authors: Kadlec K, Ehricht R, Monecke S, Steinacker U, Kaspar H, Mankertz J, Schwarz S
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- Clonal complexes and virulence factors of Staphylococcus aureus from several cities in India.
- Authors: Shambat S, Nadig S, Prabhakara S, Bes M, Etienne J, Arakere G
- Issue date: 2012 May 1
- Virulence gene profiling and molecular characterization of hospital-acquired Staphylococcus aureus isolates associated with bloodstream infection.
- Authors: Yu F, Li T, Huang X, Xie J, Xu Y, Tu J, Qin Z, Parsons C, Wang J, Hu L, Wang L
- Issue date: 2012 Dec
- Detection of new methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus strains that carry a novel genetic homologue and important virulence determinants.
- Authors: Sabat AJ, Koksal M, Akkerboom V, Monecke S, Kriegeskorte A, Hendrix R, Ehricht R, Köck R, Becker K, Friedrich AW
- Issue date: 2012 Oct