AffiliationDepartment of Nephrology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland,, firstname.lastname@example.org.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationIr J Med Sci. 2012 Mar;181(1):59-63. Epub 2011 Oct 28.
JournalIrish journal of medical science
AbstractOBJECTIVE: To report the pregnancy outcomes in Irish female renal transplant recipients on modern maintenance immunosuppression. METHODS: The Republic of Ireland transplant database was accessed to identify the patient cohort in question. All female renal transplant recipients whose transplantation was in Ireland before or during their reproductive years were included. A questionnaire was sent to the identified women. A chart review was performed for those women who reported a pregnancy following renal transplantation. RESULTS: Two hundred and ten women met the inclusion criteria. There was a response rate of 70% (n = 148). Eighteen women reported 29 pregnancies. The live birth rate was 76%. The mean gestation of the live births was 36.2 weeks with a mean birth weight of 3.0 kg. There were six cases of pre-eclampsia. Twin pregnancies and those entering pregnancy with a creatinine greater than 135 micromol/l had particularly complicated clinical courses. Four women had not conceived post transplant despite actively trying for over 1 year. Two women utilised assisted fertility methods (in vitro fertilisation), one of whom became pregnant. CONCLUSIONS: A significant proportion of women who attempt to conceive following renal transplantation are successful, without the use of assisted fertility. Pregnancy in this setting warrants meticulous multidisciplinary care.
- Pregnancy outcomes for kidney transplant recipients with transplantation as a child.
- Authors: Wyld ML, Clayton PA, Kennedy SE, Alexander SI, Chadban SJ
- Issue date: 2015 Feb
- Pregnancy in Irish renal transplant recipients in the cyclosporine era.
- Authors: Little MA, Abraham KA, Kavanagh J, Connolly G, Byrne P, Walshe JJ
- Issue date: 2000 Jan-Mar
- Assisted reproductive technology surveillance -- United States, 2010.
- Authors: Sunderam S, Kissin DM, Crawford S, Anderson JE, Folger SG, Jamieson DJ, Barfield WD, Division of Reproductive Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, CDC.
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 6
- Pregnancies in women receiving renal transplant for lupus nephritis: description of nine pregnancies and review of the literature.
- Authors: Campise M, Giglio E, Trespidi L, Messa P, Moroni G
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Pregnancy after liver transplantation with tacrolimus immunosuppression: a single center's experience update at 13 years.
- Authors: Jain AB, Reyes J, Marcos A, Mazariegos G, Eghtesad B, Fontes PA, Cacciarelli TV, Marsh JW, de Vera ME, Rafail A, Starzl TE, Fung JJ
- Issue date: 2003 Sep 15