AffiliationDepartment of Psychiatry, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Beaumont, Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. email@example.com
Randomized Controlled Trials as Topic
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSchizophr Bull. 2011 Mar;37(2):370-80. Epub 2009 Aug 6.
AbstractAIMS: This meta-analysis sought to identify which subgroups of clients with severe mental illness (SMI) benefited from evidence-based supported employment. METHODS: We used meta-analysis to pool the samples from 4 randomized controlled trials comparing the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model of supported employment to well-regarded vocational approaches using stepwise models and brokered services. Meta-analysis was used to determine the magnitude of effects for IPS/control group differences within specific client subgroups (defined by 2 work history, 7 sociodemographic, and 8 clinical variables) on 3 competitive employment outcomes (obtaining a job, total weeks worked, and job tenure). RESULTS: The findings strongly favored IPS, with large effect sizes across all outcomes: 0.96 for job acquisition, 0.79 for total weeks worked, and 0.74 for job tenure. Overall, 90 (77%) of the 117 effect sizes calculated for the 39 subgroups exceeded 0.70, and all 117 favored IPS. CONCLUSIONS: IPS produces better competitive employment outcomes for persons with SMI than alternative vocational programs regardless of background demographic, clinical, and employment characteristics.
- Research on the individual placement and support model of supported employment.
- Authors: Drake RE, Becker DR, Clark RE, Mueser KT
- Issue date: 1999 Winter
- An update on randomized controlled trials of evidence-based supported employment.
- Authors: Bond GR, Drake RE, Becker DR
- Issue date: 2008 Spring
- Effect of Evidence-Based Supported Employment vs Transitional Work on Achieving Steady Work Among Veterans With Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Authors: Davis LL, Kyriakides TC, Suris AM, Ottomanelli LA, Mueller L, Parker PE, Resnick SG, Toscano R, Scrymgeour AA, Drake RE, VA CSP #589 Veterans Individual Placement and Support Toward Advancing Recovery Investigators.
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 1
- Client predictors of employment outcomes in high-fidelity supported employment: a regression analysis.
- Authors: Campbell K, Bond GR, Drake RE, McHugo GJ, Xie H
- Issue date: 2010 Aug
- Interventions for obtaining and maintaining employment in adults with severe mental illness, a network meta-analysis.
- Authors: Suijkerbuijk YB, Schaafsma FG, van Mechelen JC, Ojajärvi A, Corbière M, Anema JR
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 12