Dosimetric effect of intrafraction motion and residual setup error for hypofractionated prostate intensity-modulated radiotherapy with online cone beam computed tomography image guidance.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiation Oncology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan,, USA.
Cone-Beam Computed Tomography/*methods
Radiotherapy Planning, Computer-Assisted/*methods
MetadataShow full item record
CitationInt J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011 Jun 1;80(2):453-61. Epub 2010 Jun 18.
JournalInternational journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics
AbstractPURPOSE: To quantify the dosimetric effect and margins required to account for prostate intrafractional translation and residual setup error in a cone beam computed tomography (CBCT)-guided hypofractionated radiotherapy protocol. METHODS AND MATERIALS: Prostate position after online correction was measured during dose delivery using simultaneous kV fluoroscopy and posttreatment CBCT in 572 fractions to 30 patients. We reconstructed the dose distribution to the clinical tumor volume (CTV) using a convolution of the static dose with a probability density function (PDF) based on the kV fluoroscopy, and we calculated the minimum dose received by 99% of the CTV (D(99)). We compared reconstructed doses when the convolution was performed per beam, per patient, and when the PDF was created using posttreatment CBCT. We determined the minimum axis-specific margins to limit CTV D(99) reduction to 1%. RESULTS: For 3-mm margins, D(99) reduction was
- The potential failure risk of the cone-beam computed tomography-based planning target volume margin definition for prostate image-guided radiotherapy based on a prospective single-institutional hybrid analysis.
- Authors: Hirose K, Sato M, Hatayama Y, Kawaguchi H, Komai F, Sohma M, Obara H, Suzuki M, Tanaka M, Fujioka I, Ichise K, Takai Y, Aoki M
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 7
- Assessment of planning target volume margins for intensity-modulated radiotherapy of the prostate gland: role of daily inter- and intrafraction motion.
- Authors: Tanyi JA, He T, Summers PA, Mburu RG, Kato CM, Rhodes SM, Hung AY, Fuss M
- Issue date: 2010 Dec 1
- Inter- and intrafraction uncertainty in prostate bed image-guided radiotherapy.
- Authors: Huang K, Palma DA, Scott D, McGregor D, Gaede S, Yartsev S, Bauman G, Louie AV, Rodrigues G
- Issue date: 2012 Oct 1
- Inter- and Intrafraction Target Motion in Highly Focused Single Vocal Cord Irradiation of T1a Larynx Cancer Patients.
- Authors: Kwa SL, Al-Mamgani A, Osman SO, Gangsaas A, Levendag PC, Heijmen BJ
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 1
- PTV margin definition in hypofractionated IGRT of localized prostate cancer using cone beam CT and orthogonal image pairs with fiducial markers.
- Authors: Oehler C, Lang S, Dimmerling P, Bolesch C, Kloeck S, Tini A, Glanzmann C, Najafi Y, Studer G, Zwahlen DR
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 11