AffiliationDepartment of Respiratory Medicine, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland., firstname.lastname@example.org
*Diagnostic Techniques, Respiratory System
*Pulmonary Surgical Procedures
MetadataShow full item record
CitationClin Chest Med. 2011 Mar;32(1):61-74, viii.
JournalClinics in chest medicine
AbstractInterventional pulmonology encompasses diagnostic and therapeutic bronchoscopic procedures, and pleural interventions. In the last 10 years older techniques have been refined and exciting new technologies have extended the reach and application of the instruments used. The main areas within pulmonary medicine for which these interventions have a role are malignant and nonmalignant airway disease, pleural effusion, pneumothorax, and artificial airways. There are no data from well-designed prospective trials to guide recommendations for interventional pulmonary procedures in pregnancy. The recommendations provided in this article are based on critical review of reported case series, opinion from recognized experts, and personal observations.
- Interventional pulmonology techniques in elderly patients with comorbidities.
- Authors: Mondoni M, Radovanovic D, Sotgiu G, Di Marco F, Carlucci P, Centanni S, Santus P
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Interventional pulmonology: focus on pulmonary diagnostics.
- Authors: Czarnecka K, Yasufuku K
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- Interventional pulmonology: the tipping point.
- Authors: Maldonado F, Edell ES, Barron PJ, Yung RC
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- Interventional pulmonology: an update for internal medicine physicians.
- Authors: Beaudoin EL, Chee A, Stather DR
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Interventional Pulmonology: A Focused Review for Primary Care Physicians.
- Authors: Kniese CM, Musani AI
- Issue date: 2019 May