Mycophenolate mofetil in pediatric renal transplantation: a single center experience.
AuthorsRaheem, Omer A
Kamel, Mohamed H
Daly, Padraiq J
Little, Dilly M
Hickey, David P
AffiliationDepartment of Urology, Beaumont Hospital, Beaumont, Ireland.
Immunosuppressive Agents/*therapeutic use
Mycophenolic Acid/*analogs & derivatives/therapeutic use
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPediatr Transplant. 2011 May;15(3):240-4. doi: 10.1111/j.1399-3046.2009.01179.x.
AbstractWe assessed our long-term experience with regards to the safety and efficacy of MMF in our pediatric renal transplant population and compared it retrospectively to our previous non-MMF immunosuppressive regimen. Forty-seven pediatric renal transplants received MMF as part of their immunosuppressive protocol in the period from January 1997 till October 2006 (MMF group). A previously reported non-MMF group of 59 pediatric renal transplants was included for comparative analysis (non-MMF group). The MMF group comprised 29 boys and 18 girls, whereas the non-MMF group comprised 34 boys and 25 girls. Mean age was 11.7 and 12 yr in the MMF and non-MMF groups, respectively. The incidence of acute rejection episodes was 11 (23.4%) and 14 (24%) in the MMF and non-MMF group, respectively. Two (3.3%) grafts were lost in the non-MMF group compared with one (2.1%) in the MMF group. Twenty-one (44.68%) patients in the MMF group developed post-transplant infections compared with 12 (20.33%) in the non-MMF group (p < 0.0001). In conclusion, the use of MMF in pediatric renal transplantation was not associated with a lower rejection rate or immunological graft loss. It did, however, result in a significantly higher rate of viral infections.
- Analysis of a single-center experience with mycophenolate mofetil based immunosuppression in renal transplantation.
- Authors: Triemer HL, Pearson TC, Odom KL, Larsen CP
- Issue date: 2000 Aug
- Mycophenolate mofetil without antibody induction in cadaver vs. living donor pediatric renal transplantation.
- Authors: Ojogho O, Sahney S, Cutler D, Baron PW, Abdelhalim FM, Hasan SM, Concepcion W
- Issue date: 2003 Apr
- Single-center experience with mycophenolate mofetil in pediatric renal transplant recipients.
- Authors: Virji M, Carter JE, Lirenman DS
- Issue date: 2001 Aug
- Mycophenolate mofetil in low-risk renal transplantation in patients receiving no cyclosporine: a single-centre experience.
- Authors: Raheem OA, Daly PJ, O'Kelly P, Shields WP, Zimmerman AJ, Mohan P, Power R, Little DM, Conlon PJ, Hickey DP
- Issue date: 2012 Feb
- Mycophenolate mofetil suspension in pediatric renal transplantation: three-year data from the tricontinental trial.
- Authors: Höcker B, Weber LT, Bunchman T, Rashford M, Tönshoff B, Tricontinental MMF Suspension Study Group.
- Issue date: 2005 Aug