AffiliationDepartment of Radiology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland., firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
CitationRadiat Prot Dosimetry. 2011 Sep;147(1-2):68-71. Epub 2011 Jul 5.
JournalRadiation protection dosimetry
AbstractReports in the literature of radiation-induced hair loss are becoming increasingly common. This work describes a retrospective dose study of patients (n = 958) undergoing diagnostic (primarily cerebral angiograms) and therapeutic (primarily cerebral embolisation) procedures in a neuro-interventional suite. A comparison of patient doses as dose area product (DAP) readings from a single-plane image intensifier system (mean DAP value of 8772 cGy cm(2)) were compared with patient doses from a flat panel biplane system (mean DAP value of 7855 cGy cm(2)). Over 80 % of patients requiring neuro-interventional procedures were found to undergo two procedures or more. An estimated 7 % of therapeutic procedures were found to reach the International Commission on Radiological Protection threshold for temporary epilation.
- Method of patient dose evaluation in the angiographic and interventional radiology procedures.
- Authors: Rivolta A, Emanuelli S, Tessarin C, Bresciani S, Genovese MG, Rogge D, Scielzo G
- Issue date: 2005 Nov-Dec
- Radiation dose to the pediatric cardiac catheterization and intervention patient.
- Authors: Chida K, Ohno T, Kakizaki S, Takegawa M, Yuuki H, Nakada M, Takahashi S, Zuguchi M
- Issue date: 2010 Nov
- Patient radiation exposure during diagnostic and therapeutic interventional neuroradiology procedures.
- Authors: Alexander MD, Oliff MC, Olorunsola OG, Brus-Ramer M, Nickoloff EL, Meyers PM
- Issue date: 2010 Mar
- Patient radiation doses and references levels in interventional radiology.
- Authors: Brambilla M, Marano G, Dominietto M, Cotroneo AR, Carriero A
- Issue date: 2004 Apr
- [Temporary localized alopecia following neuroradiological procedures: 18 cases].
- Authors: Freysz M, Mertz L, Lipsker D
- Issue date: 2014 Jan