AffiliationDepartment of Academic Endocrinology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland., firstname.lastname@example.org
Combined Modality Therapy
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2/*complications/diagnosis/therapy
Severity of Illness Index
MetadataShow full item record
CitationJ Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2011 Jul-Aug;101(4):349-52.
JournalJournal of the American Podiatric Medical Association
AbstractAlthough both conditions are relatively common, there are very few descriptions of type 2 diabetes mellitus coexisting with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease (CMT). This case report and literature review describes a 53-year-old Irish man who presented with type 2 diabetes and significant neuropathy, and who was subsequently diagnosed with CMT type 1A. This case report will also discuss how to differentiate diabetic neuropathy from a progressive hereditary neuropathy and how coexistence aggravates the progression of neuropathy thus necessitating early diagnosis.
- Diabetes coexistent with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease presenting as a recurrent foot ulcer misdiagnosed as diabetic foot: A case report.
- Authors: Yan Z, Chen D, Yao L, Wang C, Ran XW
- Issue date: 2021 Nov
- Diaphragmatic dysfunction in siblings with hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy (Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease).
- Authors: Chan CK, Mohsenin V, Loke J, Virgulto J, Sipski ML, Ferranti R
- Issue date: 1987 Apr
- Coexistence of CMT1A and diabetes mellitus in a young woman with a severe and progressive neuropathy and respiratory insufficiency.
- Authors: Carvalho MA, Secchin JB, Lourenço CM, Leal RC, Bueno KC, Barreira AA, Marques W Jr
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- A chronic leg ulcer presenting with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease and type 2 diabetes: a case report.
- Authors: Ren H, You C, Han C
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy score and ambulation index are both predictors of orthotic need for patients with CMT.
- Authors: Prada V, Zuccarino R, Schenone C, Mennella G, Grandis M, Shy ME, Schenone A
- Issue date: 2022 Apr