AffiliationDepartment of Academic Endocrinology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland., email@example.com
Combined Modality Therapy
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2/*complications/diagnosis/therapy
Severity of Illness Index
MetadataShow full item record
CitationJ Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2011 Jul-Aug;101(4):349-52.
JournalJournal of the American Podiatric Medical Association
AbstractAlthough both conditions are relatively common, there are very few descriptions of type 2 diabetes mellitus coexisting with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease (CMT). This case report and literature review describes a 53-year-old Irish man who presented with type 2 diabetes and significant neuropathy, and who was subsequently diagnosed with CMT type 1A. This case report will also discuss how to differentiate diabetic neuropathy from a progressive hereditary neuropathy and how coexistence aggravates the progression of neuropathy thus necessitating early diagnosis.
- A large family with Charcot-Marie-Tooth Type 1a and Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Authors: Koç F, Sarica Y, Yerdelen D, Baris I, Battaloglu E, Sert M
- Issue date: 2006 Feb
- Coexistence of CMT1A and diabetes mellitus in a young woman with a severe and progressive neuropathy and respiratory insufficiency.
- Authors: Carvalho MA, Secchin JB, Lourenço CM, Leal RC, Bueno KC, Barreira AA, Marques W Jr
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease associated with Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Authors: Celik M, Forta H, Parman Y, Bissar-Tadmouri N, Demirkirkan K, Battaloglu E
- Issue date: 2001 Aug
- Neuromuscular hip dysplasia in Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A.
- Authors: Bamford NS, White KK, Robinett SA, Otto RK, Gospe SM Jr
- Issue date: 2009 May
- A chronic leg ulcer presenting with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease and type 2 diabetes: a case report.
- Authors: Ren H, You C, Han C
- Issue date: 2013 Mar