Connor, Margaret O
AffiliationBlood Pressure Unit, Mid Western Regional Hospital, Limerick, Ireland.
Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome/*diagnosis/*therapy
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEuropace. 2009 Jan;11(1):18-25.
JournalEuropace : European pacing, arrhythmias, and cardiac electrophysiology : journal , of the working groups on cardiac pacing, arrhythmias, and cardiac cellular, electrophysiology of the European Society of Cardiology
AbstractA 21-year-old female reports an 18-month history of light-headedness on standing. This is often associated with palpitations and a feeling of intense anxiety. She has had two black-outs in the past 12 months. She is not taking any regular medications. Her supine blood pressure was 126/84 mmHg with a heart rate of 76 bpm, and her upright blood pressure was 122/80 mmHg with a heart rate of 114 bpm. A full system examination was otherwise normal. She had a 12-lead electrocardiogram performed which was unremarkable. She was referred for head-up tilt testing. She was symptomatic during the test and lost consciousness at 16 min. Figure 1 summarizes her blood pressure and heart rate response to tilting. A diagnosis of postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome with overlapping vasovagal syncope was made.
- Neurocardiogenic syncope coexisting with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome in patients suffering from orthostatic intolerance: a combined form of autonomic dysfunction.
- Authors: Kanjwal K, Sheikh M, Karabin B, Kanjwal Y, Grubb BP
- Issue date: 2011 May
- Orthostatic syndromes differ in syncope frequency.
- Authors: Ojha A, McNeeley K, Heller E, Alshekhlee A, Chelimsky G, Chelimsky TC
- Issue date: 2010 Mar
- Use of octreotide in the treatment of refractory orthostatic intolerance.
- Authors: Kanjwal K, Saeed B, Karabin B, Kanjwal Y, Grubb BP
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- What is the optimal duration of tilt testing for the assessment of patients with suspected postural tachycardia syndrome?
- Authors: Carew S, Cooke J, O'Connor M, Donnelly T, Costelloe A, Sheehy C, Lyons D
- Issue date: 2009 May
- Orthostatic intolerance: postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome with overlapping vasovagal syncope.
- Authors: Skerk V, Pintarić H, Delić-Brkljacić D, Popović Z, Hećimović H
- Issue date: 2012 Mar