AffiliationMid-Western Regional Hospital, Nenagh, County Tipperary, Ireland.
Education, Nursing, Continuing
Emergency Service, Hospital
Nursing Evaluation Research
Nursing Staff, Hospital/education/psychology
Predictive Value of Tests
*Severity of Illness Index
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBr J Nurs. 2009 May 14-27;18(9):546-50.
JournalBritish journal of nursing (Mark Allen Publishing)
AbstractThis article reports the implementation and impact of a standardized systematic evidence-based predictive score for the initial assessment of acutely ill medical patients. The Simple Clinical Score (SCS) was introduced in the A&E department and the medical floor of the authors' hospital between June 2007 and July 2008. The SCS was well received by the staff - 67% felt it greatly improved patient assessment and was very valuable for ensuring appropriate placement of the patient after admission and improved the quality of care. This article describes the change process, the pilot evaluation and the training programme undertaken during the implementation of the SCS. It is hoped that this experience will be of value to other project teams who are undertaking similar initiatives.
- Reliability and validity of the Toowoomba adult trauma triage tool: a Queensland, Australia study.
- Authors: Wollaston A, Fahey P, McKay M, Hegney D, Miller P, Wollaston J
- Issue date: 2004 Oct
- Developing a triage tool for paediatric care.
- Authors: Holt K
- Issue date: 2009 Jun
- Re-evaluating triage in the new millennium: A comprehensive look at the need for standardization and quality.
- Authors: Gilboy N, Travers D, Wuerz R
- Issue date: 1999 Dec
- Nurse-led dysphagia screening in acute stroke patients.
- Authors: Lees L, Sharpe L, Edwards A
- Issue date: 2006 Oct 18-24
- The Emergency Severity Index Version 4: changes to ESI level 1 and pediatric fever criteria.
- Authors: Gilboy N, Tanabe P, Travers DA
- Issue date: 2005 Aug