Upper gastrointestinal obstruction secondary to aortoduodenal syndrome owing to a noninflammatory abdominal aortic aneurysm.
AffiliationDepartment of Vascular Surgery, Mercy University Hospital, Cork, Ireland.
Aortic Aneurysm, Abdominal/*complications/radiography/surgery
Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
MetadataShow full item record
CitationVascular. 2009 May-Jun;17(3):168-71.
AbstractAortoduodenal syndrome is a rare complication of an abdominal aortic aneurysm wherein the aneurysm sac obstructs the patient's duodenum. It presents with the symptoms of an upper gastrointestinal tract obstruction and requires surgical intervention to relieve it. Previously, gastric bypass surgery was advocated, but now aortic replacement is the mainstay of treatment. We report a case of a 67-year-old woman whose aortoduodenal syndrome was successfully managed and review the literature on this topic.
- Aortoduodenal syndrome.
- Authors: Takagi H, Matsuno Y, Sekino S, Kato T, Umemoto T
- Issue date: 2006 Apr
- Aortoduodenal syndrome in a patient receiving maintenance haemodialysis.
- Authors: Saigusa S, Ohi M, Imaoka H, Inoue Y
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 11
- Primary Aortoduodenal Fistula-A Case Report and a Review of the Literature.
- Authors: Varghese M, Jorgensen GT, Aune C, Bergan R, Norderval S, Moland J
- Issue date: 2016 Jul
- Endovascular treatment of a small infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysm causing duodenal obstruction: Case report and literature review.
- Authors: Esposito A, Menna D, Mansour W, Sirignano P, Capoccia L, Speziale F
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- Urgent interventional bilateral renal artery fenestration for giant pararenal abdominal aortic aneurysm with upper digestive tract obstruction.
- Authors: Ouyang C, Liang H
- Issue date: 2010 Oct