Panton-Valentine Leukocidin-Producing Staphylococcal aureus: Report of Four Siblings.
AffiliationDepartment of Dermatology, Galway University Hospital, Galway, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPediatr Dermatol. 2011 Sep 9. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-1470.2011.01522.x.
AbstractPanton-Valentine leukocidin (PVL)-producing Staphylococcus aureus results in leukocyte destruction and tissue necrosis (Pediatric Dermatology 2007;24:401). It can be associated with a spectrum of clinical manifestations that range from localized staphylococcal skin infections to sometimes severe necrotizing pneumonia (Clin Infect Dis 1999;29:1128). We report a case of four siblings, three brothers whose atopic dermatitis was complicated by cutaneous lesions and furunculosis, while their 21-month-old sister had a fatal PVL positive staphylococcal pneumonia.
- Fatal necrotizing pneumonia caused by Panton-Valentine leukocidin-producing hospital-acquired Staphylococcus aureus: a case report.
- Authors: Al-Talib H, Hasan H, Yean CY, Al-Ashwal SM, Ravichandran M
- Issue date: 2011
- [Panton-Valentine leukocidin-producing Staphylococcus aureus responsible for necrotizing pneumonia].
- Authors: Dubrous P, Cuguillère A, Gendrot A, Koeck JL
- Issue date: 2007 May-Jun
- Community-acquired pneumonia due to Panton-Valentine leukocidin-producing Staphylococcus aureus in an HIV-2-infected patient.
- Authors: Daneshvar C, Smith NC, Waghorn DJ, Luzzi GA, Wathen CG
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- [Necrotizing pneumonia and arthritis due to Staphylococcus aureus producing Panton and Valentine leukocidin in a 10-year-old boy].
- Authors: Laporte-Turpin E, Marcoux MO, Claudet I, Grouteau E, Micheau P, Fédérici S, Alberge C, Prère MF
- Issue date: 2006 May
- Success stories about severe pneumonia caused by Panton-Valentine leucocidin-producing Staphylococcus aureus.
- Authors: Elisabeth P, Maria S, Irene G, Helen G, Apostolos A
- Issue date: 2014 May-Jun