Adult ileocolic intussusception secondary to ileocaecal valve polyp.
AuthorsChugthai, Saqib Zeeshan
Atif, Abdul Hakeem
Chughtai, Jehan Zeb
Miptah, Najaa Hayatul
AffiliationLetterkenny General Hospital, Surgery, 135 Foxhills, Letterkenny, County Donegal,, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBMJ Case Rep. 2010;2010. pii: bcr03.2009.1707. Epub 2010 Jan 13.
JournalBMJ case reports
AbstractIntussusception is relatively common in children, but it is a rare cause of abdominal pain and intestinal obstruction in adults. The aetiology, clinical presentation and management of this condition differs in adults and children. Preoperative clinical diagnosis is usually difficult due to the non-specific and intermittent nature of the symptoms. Ultrasound and computed tomography can be helpful in establishing the diagnosis. We present a case of adult ileocolic intussusception with classical radiological signs and operative findings. In adults the diagnosis of intussusception should be considered in a case of intermittent abdominal pain, especially with clinical signs of intermittent bowel obstruction.
- Ileocolic Intussusception - A rare cause of acute intestinal obstruction in adults; Case report and literature review.
- Authors: Khan MN, Agrawal A, Strauss P
- Issue date: 2008 Aug 4
- A rare cause of adult ileocolic intussusception: ileal leiomyoma.
- Authors: Zhou KZ, Mautone M, Naidoo P
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Forshal type IE appendiceal intussusception: A case report.
- Authors: Adhikari AB, Acharya K, Kathayat K, Bhatta NC, Koirala DP, Dahal GR
- Issue date: 2021 Jul
- Ileocolic intussusception caused by a lipoma in an adult.
- Authors: Lee DE, Choe JY
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 16
- Acute Intestinal Obstruction Due to Ileocolic Intussusception in an Adult; A Rare Presentation of Inflammatory Myofibroblastic Tumor.
- Authors: Hameed T, Singh M, Nizam A, Bhatia R, Sawant G
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 27