A consultant paediatrician led and public health nurse (PHN) provided Community Enuresis Clinic as a model of care.
AffiliationCavan General Hospital, Cavan Town, Co Cavan. dnoone@O2.ie
Community Health Services
Public Health Nursing
Referral and Consultation
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA consultant paediatrician led and public health nurse (PHN) provided Community Enuresis Clinic as a model of care. 2011, 104 (2):44-6 Ir Med J
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractA dedicated Community Enuresis Clinic was established in 2004 in Cavan and Monaghan. The service was audited using ERIC (Education and Resources for Improving Childhood Continence) guidelines. There were 106 males and 47 females, giving an M: F ratio of 2.3:1. Monosymptomatic Nocturnal Enuresis (MNE) accounted for 127 (83%). Adequate follow-up was available for 108 children with MNE and in this group Initial Success was 49% (ERIC target 50%). 71% were dry at 1 year. There was a dropout rate of 20% in the MNE group (ERIC minimum standard < 25%). We believe the structure of this community based clinic and its approach to MNE management has been successful.
- The efficacy of an enuresis alarm in monosymptomatic nocturnal enuresis.
- Authors: Ozgür BC, Ozgür S, Doğan V, Orün UA
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- Nocturnal enuresis: application of evidence-based medicine in community practice.
- Authors: Cutting DA, Pallant JF, Cutting FM
- Issue date: 2007 Mar
- Efficacy of the bell and pad alarm therapy for nocturnal enuresis.
- Authors: Gim CS, Lillystone D, Caldwell PH
- Issue date: 2009 Jul-Aug
- Extracorporeal magnetic innervation therapy in children with refractory monosymptomatic nocturnal enuresis.
- Authors: Kang SH, Bae JH, Shim KS, Park HS, Cheon J, Lee JG, Yoon DK, Kim JJ, Moon du G
- Issue date: 2007 Sep
- Is second-line enuretic alarm therapy after unsuccessful pharmacotherapy superior to first-line therapy in the treatment of monosymptomatic nocturnal enuresis?
- Authors: Tuygun C, Eroglu M, Bakirtas H, Gucuk A, Zengin K, Imamoglu A
- Issue date: 2007