Differences in displayed pump flow compared to measured flow under varying conditions during simulated cardiopulmonary bypass.
AffiliationCardiothoracic Surgery Unit, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland. Martin.Hargrove@mailp.hse.ie
MeSHBlood Flow Velocity
MetadataShow full item record
CitationDifferences in displayed pump flow compared to measured flow under varying conditions during simulated cardiopulmonary bypass. 2008, 23 (4):227-30 Perfusion
AbstractErrors in blood flow delivery due to shunting have been reported to reduce flow by, potentially, up to 40-83% during cardiopulmonary bypass. The standard roller-pump measures revolutions per minute and a calibration factor for different tubing sizes calculates and displays flow accordingly. We compared displayed roller-pump flow with ultrasonically measured flow to ascertain if measured flow correlated with the heart-lung pump flow reading. Comparison of flows was measured under varying conditions of pump run duration, temperature, viscosity, varying arterial/venous loops, occlusiveness, outlet pressure, use of silicone or polyvinyl chloride (PVC) in the roller race, different tubing diameters, and use of a venous vacuum-drainage device.
- Evaluation of HL-20 roller pump and Rotaflow centrifugal pump on perfusion quality and gaseous microemboli delivery.
- Authors: Yee S, Qiu F, Su X, Rider A, Kunselman AR, Guan Y, Undar A
- Issue date: 2010 Nov
- Roller pump induced tubing wear of polyvinylchloride and silicone rubber tubing: phase contrast and scanning electron microscopic studies.
- Authors: Kim WG, Yoon CJ
- Issue date: 1998 Oct
- Is roller pump induced tubing rupture a clinical possibility?
- Authors: Kim WG, Chung CI, Cho SR
- Issue date: 2002 Jun
- Quantification of perfusion modes in terms of surplus hemodynamic energy levels in a simulated pediatric CPB model.
- Authors: Undar A, Ji B, Lukic B, Zapanta CM, Kunselman AR, Reibson JD, Weiss WJ, Rosenberg G, Myers JL
- Issue date: 2006 Nov-Dec
- A hemodynamic evaluation of the Medos Deltastream DP1 rotary pump and Jostra HL-20 roller pump under pulsatile and nonpulsatile perfusion in an infant cardiopulmonary bypass model--a pilot study.
- Authors: Rider AR, Griffith K, Ressler N, Kunselman AR, Wang S, Undar A
- Issue date: 2008 Sep-Oct