Comparison of complications in transtrochanteric and anterolateral approaches in primary total hip arthroplasty.
AffiliationDepartment Of Orthopedics, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland.
Aged, 80 and over
Arthroplasty, Replacement, Hip
Femur Head Necrosis
Range of Motion, Articular
MetadataShow full item record
CitationComparison of complications in transtrochanteric and anterolateral approaches in primary total hip arthroplasty. 2008, 31 (11):1085 Orthopedics
AbstractThree surgical approaches to primary total hip arthroplasty (THA) have been in use since Charnley popularized the transtrochanteric approach. This study was designed to examine the difference in morbidity between the transtrochanteric approach and the anterolateral approach in primary THA. Information on 891 patients who underwent primary THA performed by a single surgeon was collected prospectively between 1998 and 2003 using a modified SF-36 form, preoperatively, intraoperatively, and at 3 months postoperatively. The transtrochanteric group had higher morbidity and more patients who were dissatisfied with their THA. There was a greater range of motion in the anterolateral group.
- The Results of Total Hip Arthroplasty After Sugioka Transtrochanteric Anterior Rotational Osteotomy for Osteonecrosis.
- Authors: Utsunomiya T, Motomura G, Ikemura S, Hamai S, Fukushi JI, Nakashima Y
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- Biomechanical reconstruction of the hip: comparison between modular short-stem hip arthroplasty and conventional total hip arthroplasty.
- Authors: Schmidutz F, Beirer M, Weber P, Mazoochian F, Fottner A, Jansson V
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- No Benefit After THA Performed With Computer-assisted Cup Placement: 10-year Results of a Randomized Controlled Study.
- Authors: Parratte S, Ollivier M, Lunebourg A, Flecher X, Argenson JN
- Issue date: 2016 Oct
- Total hip arthroplasty after failed fixation of a proximal femur fracture: Analysis of 59 cases of intra- and extra-capsular fractures.
- Authors: Morice A, Ducellier F, Bizot P, Orthopaedics and Traumatology Society of Western France (SOO).
- Issue date: 2018 Sep
- Total Hip Arthroplasty After Transtrochanteric Rotational Osteotomy for Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head: A Mean 10-Year Follow-Up.
- Authors: Osawa Y, Seki T, Morita D, Takegami Y, Okura T, Ishiguro N
- Issue date: 2017 Oct