AffiliationDepartment of Academic Surgery, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPouchitis: an evolving clinical enigma--a review. 2009, 52 (1):140-53 Dis. Colon Rectum
JournalDiseases of the colon and rectum
AbstractWhile the overall incidence of pouchitis is low, extensive research continues at clinical and experimental levels in attempts to unravel its etiology. The ileal pouch and pouchitis together represent a unique in vivo opportunity to study mucosal adaptation and inflammation in depth. In the recent past, molecular data relating to pouchitis has significantly expanded. These data provide invaluable insight into intracellular and extracellular events that underpin mucosal adaptation and inflammation. Advances in classification, risk factor evaluation, and prevention have meant that a review of this data, as well as its relationship to our current understanding of pouchitis, is both timely and warranted. Therefore, the aim of this review is to summarize recent data in the context of the established literature.
- Management of pouch dysfunction or pouchitis with an ileoanal pouch.
- Authors: Gionchetti P, Morselli C, Rizzello F, Romagnoli R, Campieri M, Poggioli G, Laureti S, Ugolini F, Pierangeli F
- Issue date: 2004 Oct
- Endoscopy in the management of patients after ileal pouch surgery for ulcerative colitis.
- Authors: Pardi DS, Shen B
- Issue date: 2008 Jun
- Authors: Maser EA, Present DH
- Issue date: 2008 Jan
- Predictors of pouchitis after ileal pouch-anal anastomosis: a retrospective review.
- Authors: Brisinda G, Valenza V, Nigro C, Vanella S, Mazzeo P, Cadeddu F, Maria G
- Issue date: 2009 Jan
- [Therapy of pouchitis after J-pouch ileoanal anastomosis (case report)].
- Authors: Stosić M, Cenić G, Stosić C
- Issue date: 1994 Sep-Oct