Coronary Artery Bypass
MetadataShow full item record
CitationOstial left main coronary stenosis in a frequent flyer. 2009, 134 (2):e66-7 Int. J. Cardiol.
JournalInternational journal of cardiology
AbstractA 52 year old gentleman presented with chest pain, after a long distance flight from India; he had made long haul flights every 2 weeks over the last 5 years as part of his job. His ECG revealed T wave inversion in leads V1-3. Cardiac biomarkers including troponin were negative; we proceeded to exercise stress testing (EST). This revealed 2 mm ST depression at 2 min of the standard Bruce protocol, associated with chest pain. He was taken immediately to the coronary catheterization laboratory; engagement of the left main caused pressure damping with 6 French, then 5 French diagnostic Judkins left 4 catheters. An ostial left main stenosis was seen; the right and left coronary trees otherwise had no significant stenoses. He had normal LV function. He underwent inpatient CABG 7 days later.
- [Surgical angioplasty of the left main coronary artery. Evaluation and postoperative follow-up with intravascular ultrasound].
- Authors: Spencker S, Hetzer R, Krebs P, Witzenbichler B, Schultheiss HP, Hohmann C
- Issue date: 2002 Oct
- Exercise-induced ST-segment elevation in ECG lead aVR is a useful indicator of significant left main or ostial LAD coronary artery stenosis.
- Authors: Uthamalingam S, Zheng H, Leavitt M, Pomerantsev E, Ahmado I, Gurm GS, Gewirtz H
- Issue date: 2011 Feb
- Ostial lesions of left main and right coronary arteries: demographic and angiographic features.
- Authors: Darabian S, Amirzadegan AR, Sadeghian H, Sadeghian S, Abbasi A, Raeesi M
- Issue date: 2008 Dec-2009 Jan
- [A case of isolated coronary ostial stenosis in a middle-aged woman].
- Authors: Sawaki S, Yoshioka J, Akahane K, Totsuka N, Maruyama T, Fujii N, Furuta S
- Issue date: 1993 Jul
- Long-term clinical and angiographic follow-up in patients with isolated ostial stenosis of the left coronary artery.
- Authors: Arima M, Kanoh T, Okazaki S, Iwama Y, Matsuda S, Nakazato Y
- Issue date: 2009 Jul