Prosthodontic rehabilitation of hypophosphatasia using dental implants: a review of the literature and two case reports.
AffiliationTissue Engineering & Reparative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK. email@example.com
Microscopy, Electron, Scanning
MetadataShow full item record
CitationProsthodontic rehabilitation of hypophosphatasia using dental implants: a review of the literature and two case reports. 2009, 36 (6):462-8 J Oral Rehabil
JournalJournal of oral rehabilitation
AbstractThere are reports in the literature of the various dental features of hypophosphatasia, especially where it affects the deciduous dentition. The descriptions include both the manifestations of the disorder and the subsequent patterns of tooth loss. There are fewer descriptions of the effects of hypophosphatasia on the permanent dentition and little information on the subsequent prosthodontic management of these patients, particularly in relation to the use of dental implants. The aim of this paper was to review the literature on the dental effects of hypophosphatasia, present two cases and describe how one of those patients, a young adult, was successfully rehabilitated using dental implants. That latter patient's pattern of tooth loss as well as some histological and scanning electron microscopic findings of root cementum from the other case is also described.
- [A light and scanning electron microscopic study of primary teeth in hypophosphatasia].
- Authors: Qin M, Shi G, Ge L
- Issue date: 1999 Jul
- Prosthodontic Rehabilitation of a Patient with Hypophosphatasia Using Dental Implants: A Case Report with Seven Years Follow-Up.
- Authors: Yang Y, Liu Z, Wei L, Taylor TD, Xiao H
- Issue date: 2021 Aug 28
- Mandibular overdentures: a review of treatment philosophy and prosthodontic maintenance.
- Authors: Al-Zubeidi MI, Payne AG
- Issue date: 2007 Dec
- Dental aspects of hypophosphatasia: a case report, family study, and literature review.
- Authors: Macfarlane JD, Swart JG
- Issue date: 1989 May
- Prosthodontic treatment of patients with disabilities at dental specialist clinics in the County of Västra Götaland.
- Authors: Brahm CO, Klingberg G, Ekfeldt A
- Issue date: 2009