Evaluation of a blood conservation strategy in the intensive care unit: a prospective, randomised study.
AffiliationDepartment of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, St Vincent's University Hospital, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Blood Gas Analysis
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEvaluation of a blood conservation strategy in the intensive care unit: a prospective, randomised study. 2009, 20 (2):219-23 Middle East J Anesthesiol
JournalMiddle East journal of anesthesiology
AbstractOverall, this strategy reduced measurable blood losses from phlebotomy. In larger trials it might also preserve hemoglobin levels.
- A clinical evaluation of a blood conservation device in medical intensive care unit patients.
- Authors: Peruzzi WT, Parker MA, Lichtenthal PR, Cochran-Zull C, Toth B, Blake M
- Issue date: 1993 Apr
- Anemia, transfusion, and phlebotomy practices in critically ill patients with prolonged ICU length of stay: a cohort study.
- Authors: Chant C, Wilson G, Friedrich JO
- Issue date: 2006
- [Blood loss from diagnostic laboratory tests performed in intensive care units. Preliminary study].
- Authors: Alazia M, Colavolpe JC, Botti G, Corda N, Ramero C, François G
- Issue date: 1996
- Identifying factors to minimize phlebotomy-induced blood loss in the pediatric intensive care unit.
- Authors: Valentine SL, Bateman ST
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- Anemia and blood transfusion in trauma patients admitted to the intensive care unit.
- Authors: Shapiro MJ, Gettinger A, Corwin HL, Napolitano L, Levy M, Abraham E, Fink MP, MacIntyre N, Pearl RG, Shabot MM
- Issue date: 2003 Aug