Appropriate prescribing in the elderly: an investigation of two screening tools, Beers criteria considering diagnosis and independent of diagnosis and improved prescribing in the elderly tool to identify inappropriate use of medicines in the elderly in primary care in Ireland.
AffiliationPharmaceutical Care Research Group, School of Pharmacy, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland.
Aged, 80 and over
Physician's Practice Patterns
Practice Guidelines as Topic
Primary Health Care
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAppropriate prescribing in the elderly: an investigation of two screening tools, Beers criteria considering diagnosis and independent of diagnosis and improved prescribing in the elderly tool to identify inappropriate use of medicines in the elderly in primary care in Ireland. 2009, 34 (4):369-76 J Clin Pharm Ther
JournalJournal of clinical pharmacy and therapeutics
AbstractPotentially inappropriate medications are prescribed in a significant proportion of elderly people in primary care, with significant economic implications.
- Inappropriate prescribing in the elderly: a comparison of the Beers criteria and the improved prescribing in the elderly tool (IPET) in acutely ill elderly hospitalized patients.
- Authors: Barry PJ, O'Keefe N, O'Connor KA, O'Mahony D
- Issue date: 2006 Dec
- Potentially inappropriate prescribing in an Irish elderly population in primary care.
- Authors: Ryan C, O'Mahony D, Kennedy J, Weedle P, Byrne S
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- Prevalence of the prescribing of potentially inappropriate medications at ambulatory care visits by elderly patients covered by the Taiwanese National Health Insurance program.
- Authors: Lai HY, Hwang SJ, Chen YC, Chen TJ, Lin MH, Chen LK
- Issue date: 2009 Aug
- Potentially inappropriate medication prescribing in outpatient practices: prevalence and patient characteristics based on electronic health records.
- Authors: Buck MD, Atreja A, Brunker CP, Jain A, Suh TT, Palmer RM, Dorr DA, Harris CM, Wilcox AB
- Issue date: 2009 Apr
- Inappropriate medication prescribing for elderly ambulatory care patients.
- Authors: Goulding MR
- Issue date: 2004 Feb 9