Infant feeding and allergy prevention: a review of current knowledge and recommendations. A EuroPrevall state of the art paper.
AuthorsGrimshaw, K E C
Edwards, C A
van der Aa, L B
Marino, L V
Veehof, S H E
Vlieg-Boerstra, B J
Dubois, A E J
AffiliationDepartment of Child Health, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK.
Guidelines as Topic
Health Planning Guidelines
Infant Nutritional Physiological Phenomena
MetadataShow full item record
CitationInfant feeding and allergy prevention: a review of current knowledge and recommendations. A EuroPrevall state of the art paper. 2009, 64 (10):1407-16 Allergy
AbstractThe relationship between infant feeding patterns and the later development of food allergies has been the focus of much debate and research over the last decade. National recommendations have been made by many countries on how to feed infants to reduce the risk of food allergy but due to the lack of firm evidence the recommendations differ widely. This review has been developed as part of EuroPrevall, a European multicentre research project funded by the European Union, to document the differing feeding recommendations made across Europe, to investigate the current evidence base for any allergy prevention feeding recommendations and to identify areas where further research is needed. This review will also provide information which, when combined with the infant feeding data collected as part of EuroPrevall, will give an indication of compliance to national feeding guidelines which can be utilised to assess the effectiveness of current dissemination and implementation strategies.
- Infant feeding and allergy prevention.
- Authors: Szajewska H
- Issue date: 2010 Aug
- Is 6 months still the best for exclusive breastfeeding and introduction of solids? A literature review with consideration to the risk of the development of allergies.
- Authors: Anderson J, Malley K, Snell R
- Issue date: 2009 Jul
- Dietary approaches to the prevention of food allergy.
- Authors: Heine RG, Tang ML
- Issue date: 2008 May
- Food allergen avoidance in the prevention of food allergy in infants and children.
- Authors: Zeiger RS
- Issue date: 2003 Jun
- Complementary feeding: a commentary by the ESPGHAN Committee on Nutrition.
- Authors: Agostoni C, Decsi T, Fewtrell M, Goulet O, Kolacek S, Koletzko B, Michaelsen KF, Moreno L, Puntis J, Rigo J, Shamir R, Szajewska H, Turck D, van Goudoever J, ESPGHAN Committee on Nutrition:.
- Issue date: 2008 Jan