Randomized controlled trial of supervised patient self-testing of warfarin therapy using an internet-based expert system.
AffiliationPharmaceutical Care Research Group, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland.
Aged, 80 and over
Equipment and Supplies
International Normalized Ratio
MetadataShow full item record
CitationRandomized controlled trial of supervised patient self-testing of warfarin therapy using an internet-based expert system. 2009, 7 (8):1284-90 J. Thromb. Haemost.
JournalJournal of thrombosis and haemostasis : JTH
AbstractThe use of an internet-based, direct-to-patient expert system for the management of PST improves the control of OAT as compared with AMS management.
- A randomised control trial of patient self-management of oral anticoagulation compared with patient self-testing.
- Authors: Gardiner C, Williams K, Longair I, Mackie IJ, Machin SJ, Cohen H
- Issue date: 2006 Mar
- Assessment of patient capability to self-adjust oral anticoagulant dose: a multicenter study on home use of portable prothrombin time monitor (COAGUCHECK).
- Authors: Cosmi B, Palareti G, Carpanedo M, Pengo V, Biasiolo A, Rampazzo P, Morstabilini G, Testa S
- Issue date: 2000 Aug
- A randomized trial of patient self-managed versus physician-managed oral anticoagulation.
- Authors: Sunderji R, Gin K, Shalansky K, Carter C, Chambers K, Davies C, Schwartz L, Fung A
- Issue date: 2004 Sep
- Economic evaluation of a randomized controlled trial of pharmacist-supervized patient self-testing of warfarin therapy.
- Authors: Gallagher J, Mc Carthy S, Woods N, Ryan F, O' Shea S, Byrne S
- Issue date: 2015 Feb
- The reliability of point-of-care prothrombin time testing. A comparison of CoaguChek S and XS INR measurements with hospital laboratory monitoring.
- Authors: Ryan F, O'Shea S, Byrne S
- Issue date: 2010 Feb