Aged, 80 and over
Referral and Consultation
Trauma, Nervous System
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAn audit of traumatic nerve injury., 102 (7):231-2 Ir Med J
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractThe impact of trauma in the Irish healthcare setting is considerable. We present the results of a retrospective assessment of referrals to a Neurophysiology department for suspected traumatic nerve injury. A broad range of traumatic neuropathies was demonstrated on testing, from numerous causes. We demonstrate an increased liklihood of traumatic nerve injury after fracture / dislocation (p = 0.007). Our series demonstrates the need for clinicians to be aware of the possibility of nerve injury post trauma, especially after bony injury.
- Traumatic peripheral nerve injuries: epidemiological findings, neuropathic pain and quality of life in 158 patients.
- Authors: Ciaramitaro P, Mondelli M, Logullo F, Grimaldi S, Battiston B, Sard A, Scarinzi C, Migliaretti G, Faccani G, Cocito D, Italian Network for Traumatic Neuropathies.
- Issue date: 2010 Jun
- [Urogenital trauma associated with pelvic ring fractures].
- Authors: Pavelka T, Houcek P, Hora M, Hlavácová J, Linhart M
- Issue date: 2010 Feb
- Assessment of volume of hemorrhage and outcome from pelvic fracture.
- Authors: Blackmore CC, Jurkovich GJ, Linnau KF, Cummings P, Hoffer EK, Rivara FP
- Issue date: 2003 May
- Staircase falls: high-risk groups and injury characteristics in 464 patients.
- Authors: Boele van Hensbroek P, Mulder S, Luitse JS, van Ooijen MR, Goslings JC
- Issue date: 2009 Aug
- Traumatic fractures as a result of motor vehicle collisions in children and adolescents.
- Authors: Wang H, Zhou Y, Liu J, Ou L, Zhao Y, Han J, Xiang L
- Issue date: 2018 Mar