Potentially inappropriate prescribing in an Irish elderly population in primary care.
AffiliationSchool of Pharmacy, University College Cork, Ireland.
Aged, 80 and over
Health Services for the Aged
Physician's Practice Patterns
Primary Health Care
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPotentially inappropriate prescribing in an Irish elderly population in primary care. 2009, 68 (6):936-47 Br J Clin Pharmacol
JournalBritish journal of clinical pharmacology
AbstractPotentially inappropriate drug prescribing and errors of drug omission are highly prevalent among older people living in the community. Prevention strategies should involve primary care doctors and community pharmacists.
- Appropriate prescribing in the elderly: an investigation of two screening tools, Beers criteria considering diagnosis and independent of diagnosis and improved prescribing in the elderly tool to identify inappropriate use of medicines in the elderly in primary care in Ireland.
- Authors: Ryan C, O'Mahony D, Kennedy J, Weedle P, Barry P, Gallagher P, Byrne S
- Issue date: 2009 Aug
- Inappropriate prescribing in the elderly: a comparison of the Beers criteria and the improved prescribing in the elderly tool (IPET) in acutely ill elderly hospitalized patients.
- Authors: Barry PJ, O'Keefe N, O'Connor KA, O'Mahony D
- Issue date: 2006 Dec
- [Detection of inappropriate medication use in the elderly; will the STOPP and START criteria become the new Dutch standards?].
- Authors: Vermeulen Windsant-van den Tweel AM, Verduijn MM, Derijks HJ, van Marum RJ
- Issue date: 2012
- Application of STOPP and START criteria: interrater reliability among pharmacists.
- Authors: Ryan C, O'Mahony D, Byrne S
- Issue date: 2009 Jul
- Inappropriate prescribing according to the STOPP/START criteria in older people from a primary care setting.
- Authors: Castillo-Páramo A, Clavería A, Verdejo González A, Rey Gómez-Serranillos I, Fernández-Merino MC, Figueiras A
- Issue date: 2014 Dec