Novel management strategy for coronary steal syndrome: case report of occlusion of a LIMA graft side branch with a combination of drug-eluting and covered-stent deployment.
AffiliationDepartment of Interventional Cardiology, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland. email@example.com
MeSHAngioplasty, Balloon, Coronary
Graft Occlusion, Vascular
Internal Mammary-Coronary Artery Anastomosis
MetadataShow full item record
CitationNovel management strategy for coronary steal syndrome: case report of occlusion of a LIMA graft side branch with a combination of drug-eluting and covered-stent deployment. 2009, 21 (11):E218-20 J Invasive Cardiol
JournalThe Journal of invasive cardiology
AbstractWe report a novel percutaneous therapeutic approach to the management of suspected coronary artery steal syndrome resulting from a large side branch of the left internal mammary artery bypass graft, using a combination of coated and drug-eluting stents. We demonstrate the feasibility and long-term efficacy of this strategy in a case report.
- Repeat embolization of the side branch of the internal mammary artery graft by gelatin sponge particles and micro coils.
- Authors: Ishizaka N, Ikari Y, Saeki F, Ishizaka Y, Tamura T, Yamaguchi T, Suma H, Ibukuro K
- Issue date: 1995 Mar
- Percutaneous intervention on the LIMA: tackling the tortuosity.
- Authors: Sharma S, Makkar RM
- Issue date: 2003 Jun
- Direct coronary stenting through left and right internal mammary artery grafts.
- Authors: Bouki KP, van Haagen E, Bonnier H
- Issue date: 2002 Jul
- Results of angioplasty (with or without stent) at the site of a narrowed coronary anastomosis of the left internal mammary artery graft or via the internal mammary artery.
- Authors: Köckeritz U, Reynen K, Knaut M, Strasser RH
- Issue date: 2004 Jun 15
- Restoration of patency of left internal mammary artery graft with progression of the underlying left anterior descending coronary artery disease.
- Authors: Shamoon FE, Goldstein J, Haft JI
- Issue date: 1997 Oct